So what's so great about W Ursae Majoris

There's a trophy for visiting W Ursae Majoris. I'm just curious. Did Frontier just pick a random system to send us to or does this system have some sort of special significance?

2000px-Sun_and_VY_Canis_Majoris.svg.png

Oohh, thats a big

Ive just checked it cos I had the same thought, its miles away from there,

I googled that ursae place, (yes I have nothing better to do :)) and theres a strange big mountain or something there, that does something strange or something, probably does nothing. I wouldnt go back for it,

I didnt know they dished out trophies for there, not sure why.

Wow. So that can be found in that system? Gonna change my course then and head that way.

Worth the trip. Not been myself, but a buddy went there and got some insane screenshots.

If anyone is feeling ballsy, head over to Skardee. Theres a planet so close to the sun that Solar Flares go straight through it.

WARNING make sure you have a ship that runs frosty (Diamondbacks are a good pick) amd bring heat sinks.

It would be great if they added heat shielding that determined the drop out proximity to a star. You would then be able to appreciate the differences in scale a lot more. Currently you cant appreciate the differences in star sizes.

I'm in the system now. Nothing special. There are two stars but they don't touch and they're just average size. No massive star like in the image above. The trophy popped so I'm definitely in the right system.

that star in the picture isnt in that system, its like nowhere near, not sure why it was even brought up :)

Top Bottom