Somali Wild Profile

Such a graceful creatures. My favorite from San Diego zoo.
Seeing them in the game would be a absolute blast for me.

With less then 600 living in the wild and the threat of hybridization it’s one of rarest large mammals on earth.
Only nine institutions in the U.S. care for this rare species.

1613584949209.jpeg

I love it how the whole Forum decided to just call it the Somali Wild.
I would absolutely love to see some kind of Donkey in the Game. Donkeys are so cute and it's better than only having one Species of Equine in the Game. Would be great if we would get it and also some kind of domesticated Donkey as a fifth Habitat Animal in a DLC (shouldn't be too much Work to give us both without sacrificing a Space for another Animal), so we do also have Donkeys that we can put in Petting Zoo/Farm Areas but I assume we would still only get one of them

I love it how the whole Forum decided to just call it the Somali Wild.
I would absolutely love to see some kind of Donkey in the Game. Donkeys are so cute and it's better than only having one Species of Equine in the Game. Would be great if we would get it and also some kind of domesticated Donkey as a fifth Habitat Animal in a DLC (shouldn't be too much Work to give us both without sacrificing a Space for another Animal), so we do also have Donkeys that we can put in Petting Zoo/Farm Areas but I assume we would still only get one of them
I bet we would get Przewalski horse but Somali wild donkey would be a great addition too and you can definitely use it in petting zoos.

I bet we would get Przewalski horse but Somali wild donkey would be a great addition too and you can definitely use it in petting zoos.
I don't think any zoo would put something as critically endangered as the Somali wild butt in a petting zoo. Too much risk involved - they need to be carefully managed.

You can use it in petting area in your zoos in the game. Not in the real life 😂
I use baby llamas, camels and buffalos in my petting areas all the time. But still only in the game.

I use baby llamas, camels and buffalos in my petting areas all the time. But still only in the game.
I like to build my Zoos realistic. But maybe I will add them to the Petting Zoo Area if we get them. I do also have Bactrian Camels in the Petting Zoo Area of my Forest Zoo, but the Guests can only enter the Llama Enclosure

I don't think any zoo would put something as critically endangered as the Somali wild butt in a petting zoo. Too much risk involved - they need to be carefully managed.
You're right, conservation programs for endangered and critically endangered species don't allow for most, human interaction

Somali Wild Backside would be a great addition to the game. More equines would be much appreciated and give some diversity over another antelope. Not that there's anything wrong with antelope, there's just so many in the game already

(I know I'm using antelope as a general term, there's probably only 2-3 species actually classified as that but the point is we need more horses!)

Llamas are a domestic breed and belong in a petting zoo environment.

This discussion starting to be ridiculous 🤨
How so? I was just pointing out that llamas actually do fit into a petting zoo environment. You could make an argument for the Bactrian camel as well since the game version is the domestic variety (though even then they aren't especially docile - domestic camels are a lot closer to their wild cousins than llamas are to guanaco). You mentioned that you use 'baby llamas' specificallly so it seemed like you weren't aware that llamas are actually just farm animals. You can throw in the adult ones, too.

Top Bottom