Some Noob Questions About Squadrons

How are people adding the "public message" to their Squadrons? I can't find any UI to do this in the game, but there are obviously Squadron leaders who have done this, as I see some have it.

Is it possible to rename a Squadron after creating it? What about the Squadron ID? If not, if all parties (in my case, two CMDRs) quit a Squadron, will it disappear and will I be able to create a new Squadron?

If I join a "popular" Squadron, is there a way to hide my details from the Squadron members / leader? Right now I can see where my Squadron mates are, what ships they are currently flying, etc. While I can see the benefit of this when participating in a group op, it's not something I normally want available to a group of mostly strangers.

For "public message" go to your comms panel, then tab along to the right until you see squadron messages. You should then see an option here to make a statement.

You then need to select whether you make a public or internal statement, you want public. Type out what you want your public statement to be that will appear on your squad listing but bear in mind whatever you type will get truncated on your squadron listing after something like 250 characters (not sure of exact number off the top of my head).

When ready post it. Worth checking spelling etc before you do as you can't edit it later, only replace with a new public statement.

"Is it possible to rename a Squadron after creating it? " - No
"What about the Squadron ID? " - No
"if all parties (in my case, two CMDRs) quit a Squadron, will it disappear and will I be able to create a new Squadron? " It should do yes and nothing to stop you making a new one
"If I join a "popular" Squadron, is there a way to hide my details from the Squadron members / leader? " - No

Mostly folks join a group to support them.

Mostly.
But not always.

Sometimes inter group rivalries cause people to join the opposition. There have been several spies through our organization.

One of them went public with the shocking news that we have a No Swearing policy on our discord.
You can imagine our shame when that was revealed.

I'm currently using my Squadron to share bookmarks between my CMDR accounts. Many of these are "secret places", things I don't want to make public yet (exploration "gold mines"). I probably will just stick to this, since most squadrons on PS4 lack focus, at least in the areas of gameplay I'm interested in.

Top Bottom