Some questions about Planet Coaster on Mac

I am a new user of Planet Coaster and because I have an iMac, I have downloaded it from the App Store. Now I have some questions:
  1. Is it normal that the CPU load wil be between 20% and 30% when playing Planet Coaster and that the fan will make so many noice?
  2. When I see people playing Planet Coaster on YouTube video's, then there will be a menu item named "Toolkit Items". It is not available in my version. How do I add it?

The specs of my iMac are:
  • Modelname: iMac
  • Model-ID: iMac17,1
  • Processorname: Quad-Core Intel Core i7
  • Processorspeed: 4 GHz
  • Number of processors: 1
  • Total cores: 4
  • L2-cache (per core): 256 KB
  • L3-cache: 8 MB
  • Hyperthreading-technology: Ingeschakeld
  • Memory: 16 GB
  • Video: AMD Radeon R9 M395X
  • VRAM: 4 GB

Hey ! So I don't know about the CPU part, but I think it's because the game can only use one Core (not sure about that).
I had the same specs on my old iMac and I was able to build pretty big parks with a decent frame rate so you should be good. And yes the fan will always make a lot of noises so this is normal.
I'm playing the game with bootcamp even if there is a mac version because the mac version has a lot of issues that Frontier doesn't want to solve. The biggest one is the lighting issue, the terrain doesn't block the sun light in the Mac version.

Didn't know you could buy it from the appstore, but if you can get a refund and buy it on steam, do it !
I'm guessing you can't have access to all the workshop items because of this, since the workshop works with Steam. And playing Planet Coaster without all those great blueprints and toolkit items is a shame :( you won't have the "full" experience.

Top Bottom