Something strange going on

After this last Thursday update went bounty hunting in Has-Res, it seems that my shields are going down much faster than normal. I have hundreds of hours bounty hunting in Has-Res and have a good feel for my ship an A grade fully engineered Krait MKII, and pretty sure that something has changed.

Then today I was winged up with two fully engineered Corvettes in Has-Res doing some friendly bounty hunting and suddenly, I noticed 5k away one of the Corvettes was down to 1 ring with only one Clipper on his 6. It happen so fast we were taken by surprised he was full 3 rings just seconds before and up 9k from center in clear space. On Discord we asked him what was going on, he didn’t know. I boosted over and killed the Clipper. Now he had no one shooting him but his last ring was fading fast then gone. I sat there helplessly watching his hull drop to zero the explode. Afterwards as we discussed what just happened no one knew or saw him getting shot.

We have literally thousands of hours in ED and have been winging up for a year and have never seen anything like this before. I have seen lots of bugs and rubber banding in Has-Res but nothing like this.

Lat week in Res-Ext High I saw an NPC Asp mining an asteroid when a Federation Anaconda flew up and just shot him twice with a PA and then flew off. No one got wanted but the Asp lost his shields, no big deal, I just thought that it was funny if I would have done that I would have had 10 angry Feds on my behind.

Been on a few times today and haven’t noticed anything on my end. Only times these things do happen to me, and they do, is sometimes because of instancing. Shadow rams, shots that don’t register, damage that registers after the fact... loads of weirdness. But all that seems ongoing and not a part of any recent update.

I've seen a friend whittled away by an invisible enemy too. It was a couple of years ago though.

I seem to remember that if you blast away at the place you think they are and your shots connect you will drag them into your instance.

Oh don't give me none more of that Old Janx Spirit
No, don't you give me none more of that Old Janx Spirit
For my head will fly, my tongue will lie, my eyes will fry and I may die
Won't you pour me one more of that sinful Old Janx Spirit“

After thousand of hours in game, beware the space madness.

After this last Thursday update went bounty hunting in Has-Res, it seems that my shields are going down much faster than normal. I have hundreds of hours bounty hunting in Has-Res and have a good feel for my ship an A grade fully engineered Krait MKII, and pretty sure that something has changed.

Then today I was winged up with two fully engineered Corvettes in Has-Res doing some friendly bounty hunting and suddenly, I noticed 5k away one of the Corvettes was down to 1 ring with only one Clipper on his 6. It happen so fast we were taken by surprised he was full 3 rings just seconds before and up 9k from center in clear space. On Discord we asked him what was going on, he didn’t know. I boosted over and killed the Clipper. Now he had no one shooting him but his last ring was fading fast then gone. I sat there helplessly watching his hull drop to zero the explode. Afterwards as we discussed what just happened no one knew or saw him getting shot.

We have literally thousands of hours in ED and have been winging up for a year and have never seen anything like this before. I have seen lots of bugs and rubber banding in Has-Res but nothing like this.

Lat week in Res-Ext High I saw an NPC Asp mining an asteroid when a Federation Anaconda flew up and just shot him twice with a PA and then flew off. No one got wanted but the Asp lost his shields, no big deal, I just thought that it was funny if I would have done that I would have had 10 angry Feds on my behind.

Nothing of interest here people. Move on.

P.S.
It's simple. Thargoids' new stealth technology!!

Was there a Cmdr's name on his rebuy screen? Has he tried looking at his log file to see if it has any useful information about what was shooting him?

I think this is a connection/instancing issue. You will sometimes fire shield cell banks but your shield dies not fill up. Then, a bit later, suddenly your shield gets full immediately. Or you waste all your ammo onto an immobile NPC that will never die. And such things.

Top Bottom