Sometimes companies actually listen to feedback when they make stupid mistakes

Yea, but on the official page they say it's not required.
There is a "currently" slipped in there that makes things a bit muddy, but the final say is you dont require an account

1715041789580.png

Not quite true. The requirement for a PS account was always in the T&C (that no one reads clearly), it was waived because of the networking issues the game had when it launched. They decided to enforce it in May. The dumb thing was continuing to sell in countries with no PSN access, not sure it that's a Steam issue or a Sony issue though.

I don't think you can compare the situation to ED though. You need an account to play the game with the company actually running the servers. What you don't need is the extra account from market places like Steam and PSN.
Steam offers an invaluable service to devs and customers - authenticate copies and push unified updates to games via the platform. We need no longer collect collect game updates from various sources.

Yea, but on the official page they say it's not required.
There is a "currently" slipped in there that makes things a bit muddy, but the final say is you dont require an account

View attachment 392133
That's the general answer. The specific answer was it was always in the T&C for Helldivers 2. 🤷‍♂️
Steam offers an invaluable service to devs and customers - authenticate copies and push unified updates to games via the platform. We need no longer collect collect game updates from various sources.
And that's great if you want to sign up for that service but that service is not going to give you access to the servers of the company running the game. Or do you expect every game company to bend over backwards and accept Steam credentials just because? 🤷‍♂️

That's the general answer. The specific answer was it was always in the T&C for Helldivers 2. 🤷‍♂️

And that's great if you want to sign up for that service but that service is not going to give you access to the servers of the company running the game. Or do you expect every game company to bend over backwards and accept Steam credentials just because? 🤷‍♂️
I don't know, some games don't require 3rd party accounts. I buy a product and it's convenient when I don't have to juggle accounts around.

Not quite true. The requirement for a PS account was always in the T&C (that no one reads clearly), it was waived because of the networking issues the game had when it launched. They decided to enforce it in May. The dumb thing was continuing to sell in countries with no PSN access, not sure it that's a Steam issue or a Sony issue though.
Thanks for the clarification.

Top Bottom