Space Legs gameplay - Generation Ships

A thing I think would be interesting to have as a space legs gameplay is the ability to board Generation Ships.

Once inside (it would require EVA and mechanics to unlock hatchs), gameplay could consist in looking for more indeep lore about the given ship, personal crew stories, have some puzzles to find the ultimate reason of ship mission failure, ship systems shutdown or turn on, some fight against automated legacy security systems still in place, find rares, codex, crew frozen bodies(?), and general walk inside the ship.

The scenery inside the ship could be dark, foggy, passages, rooms, with structural ship sounds, or old machinery still working with no current maintenance.

Ships instance could have NPC pirates, or law enforcements if ship is considered a closed area, to have FPS or ship fights, etc.

Opinions, ideas?

Regards!

Last edited:
A thing I think would be interesting to have as a space legs gameplay is the ability to board Generation Ships.

Once inside (it would require EVA and mechanics to unlock hatchs), gameplay could consist in looking for more indeep lore about the given ship, personal crew stories, have some puzzles to find the ultimate reason of ship mission failure, ship systems shutdown or turn on, some fight against automated legacy security systems still in place, find rares, codex, crew frozen bodies(?), and general walk inside the ship.

The scenery inside the ship could be dark, foggy, passages, rooms, with structural ship sounds, or old machinery still working with no current maintenance.

Ships instance could have NPC pirates, or law enforcements if ship is considered a closed area, to have FPS or ship fights, etc.

Opinions, ideas?

Regards!
Agreed. Some of these ships may not be as abandoned as we think either.

Sounds great. Also, it would be amazing if they seeded the galaxy with many more derelict ships, megaships, buildings, etc. for us to find, enter, decommission, and salvage. Some could be straightforward salvage jobs, some have survivors you have to rescue, some could have active, murderous security systems, space-mad cannibal crewmembers, other wrecks could be serving as hideouts for fugitives, or even be infested with dangerous alien life.

The trick would be making the spawn rate frequent enough for long range salvage to be a viable career, but rare enough that it doesn't get silly -- especially in deep space where salvging eerie wrecks would be a welcome gameplay addition, but where finding too many abandoned ships in every empty region would ruin immersion.

Maybe we need to use some sort of manual triangulation mechanic, similar to the listening posts but without the need for FDev to place anything, for us to find them across tens of light years, rather than just stumbling on them.

EDIT: Sorry, I've deviated a bit from your original point about Generation Ships. I should probably make this its own suggestion, but your idea definitely fired my imagination. Great suggestion.

Last edited:
Its good to dream but i highly doubt we will get anything more than generic game play that matches to rest of the game.

Play the game “Tacoma” - all the while I was playing it, I was thinking how awesome megaship logs in Elite would be, presented like this.

I think it would be a nice addition.
I also like false alarms to keep you on your toes. A full tense situation of rattles and slams and possible footsteps. Each step of exploration feeling like someone might be coming behind you to kill you and feast on your corpse, or at least rob it.
All the while it's completely empty, and the system is devoid of all life except for one very nice pants salesman.

Opinions, ideas?

Regards!
it's sound's like Enigmatic Fortress in Stelaris or the beginning of the story from "Aliens", anyway, sounds good to me. i wish we could find some more stories in space, Stellaris is a good example. For me, not the object or the loot is important, but the lore behind it, I want to find the story like a puzzle together. Fdev already does that pretty well, keep it up!

I am not sure I want to walk through a ship with everyone dead for decades.
Actually that is the most depressing thing about Fallout 76 and the reason I stopped playing.

I am not sure I want to walk through a ship with everyone dead for decades.
Actually that is the most depressing thing about Fallout 76 and the reason I stopped playing.
who say EVERYONE is dead :D There will be a reason why you are allowed to carry a weapon ;)

I think this would be awesome but I’m expecting the gameplay to be doing what we do in an srv but on foot crossed with walking around our ships and nothing more if we know anything about fdev it’s that whatever they do it will be the very bare minimum version of it

Space legs to enhance my spaceship flying experience is fine with me. First person shooter? No, not interested.

Top Bottom