space racing?!

i do wonder why we don't have ingame activities where we race against other space ships. i recently deleted my save (again) and did the new tutorial. it has you fly through some checkpoints. these would fit perfectly for a space racing mode. could be just time attack, against npc's or player driven.

i know there are some community driven racing events. but that's not really something that attracts a lot of players and it obviously comes with various technical limitations. having a course where you'd have to pass several of those checkpoints would make realizing a racing event much more easy.

I would like to second this. I enjoy fast ships a lot and would love if there were some sort of official thing along these lines. What would really be great is if there were some sort of official thing in-game at some stations that did something along these lines with sanctioned areas with defined courses. They could even have "walls" in some places to really really make it more interesting (something like a sort of shield system might make the most sense. Perhaps even with limits so if you hit it too hard you might not blow up but if you hit it so hard as to take the wall down it could be considered disqualifying while just barely nicking it might be ok for instance.)

A fun idea.

Deciat could be a nice place for meeting people and racing in open, but the place is pollued by stupid gankers who's kill every ship coming here. Need to go in solo or private session but this is more difficult to meet people and engage race like that. I have made a video about some training in this place :
Source: https://youtu.be/lUY4OmhcL5Q?t=461

Send me a friend invitation in game (Big_Pete) if you wan race here (or elsewhere). (I'am french and not very fluent in english).

Top Bottom