Game Discussions SpaceBourne 2

SB2_EA-50 PlanetCity03.jpg

Some City scenes. Nothing going on here probably because I'm not on a mission, just wandering. (could this be ripe for mod)
I hope somebody from here would jump in on this game because it has so much to do I haven't.
I got it on sale for 14usd and I definitely got my money's worth.

Things I haven't touched on at all:
station building
conquest of sectors/regions
fleet building
missions (I have done a few missions so far but only a small percent of what's available)
SB2_EA-50 PlanetCity01.jpg

I don't know if SB2 could have a SF level player-to-NPC interface but if the game would use the same NPC activity that you see in the stations and POIs, it would be a great improvement.
Have a nice day

One of the sad realities of being a small indie dev is that no matter how good your product is, when a big name developer steps into the room (in this case, Starfield), it gets everyone's attention, even if the small guy has something quite nice to offer. Been there, done that. Tis a shame, as I think this game might have gotten more traction if Taylor Swift Bethesda hadn't walked into the room.

These kind of projects remind me of open source projects in the early days: Early on, they don't even touch their ('commercial') competitors. Come back in a few years and it's a different matter altogether... Time is definitely their friend.

I'm too busy to play one game much ATM (OK, so it might be SF) but at some point I might buy this game for a quick spin and just to put some cash into the wallet of the developer. Impressive is a word that falls short of their actual achievements...

The new mining ship is not so great imho. I don't see any advantage over the larger (original) mining ship, the Huge iirc. I will avoid combat when I'm in my mining ship so the extra turret and missiles on the new ship is not enough to offset the big ship's extra cargo capacity. imho
Plus, I can still mine more lucratively hand lasering vs using the misactor mining laser (hand mining using the exploit of course). [hopefully they'll add a key bind to replace the exploit and they'll make ship mining more profitable]

I'm going to start taking missions. I've run a few but I need to explore these missions more. Mining and trading have been my means for making money so far. My command ship and this one ... will be my prime ships for missions.
SB2_EA-33.jpg

I took a couple of missions and added points to my piloting level. Imho, a lot of SB2 revolves around combat missions, space and surface (like a lot of space games). There are things to do on planets that keep me interested. The planet below had some rock formations with ? markers where I mined 45 units of platinum. There are also outposts with loot but bring your sniper rifle. The cities are dead and I suspect they will be used for missions (future and current). The one thing SB2 has that's so useful: a hover bike

SB2_EA-73.jpg

SB2_EA-72.jpg

One thing I noticed with the SB2 ships; the landing gear on some ships are ... so feeble looking ... Those need some serious beefing up imho. A lot of beef. Oh well.
Have a nice day

Last edited:
SB2_EA-75 NewShip01.jpg

My new ship ^^ :)
Wow !! SC is still at or next to the top of the activity list. Amazing imho. Poor SF now languishes around 5th or 6th down the list a lot of the time now. << humor attempt >>
I will buy SF when the time is right. When the lady sings. etc etc But, 49buckaroos is an enticing price. I want to build a ship and explore with a crew of my choice.
Have a nice day

View attachment 377115
My new ship ^^ :)
Wow !! SC is still at or next to the top of the activity list. Amazing imho. Poor SF now languishes around 5th or 6th down the list a lot of the time now. << humor attempt >>
I will buy SF when the time is right. When the lady sings. etc etc But, 49buckaroos is an enticing price. I want to build a ship and explore with a crew of my choice.
Have a nice day
Don't waste your money on Star Citisn't - it's a broken mess.

SB2_EA-76 NewShip02.jpg

I was flying/wandering aimlessly on this snowy planet and discovered a building with an elevator down to a multi level bunker. There were baddies and loot just randomly located out in the wastelands. This was not a POI iow.
:cool: Its snowing on my new ship.
I was not on a mission and this random exploration of a planet paid off (mostly in fun, the money was what I could get for the loot I earned/stole unless I wanted for keeps).

Just picked this up, only played for about 30 minutes, seems pretty cool tho. I noticed the dialogue from the NPCs is pretty bad, but oh well. So far, I'm excited, been looking for a space sim for a while, I found no mans sky to be a bore, elite dangerous was way too hard for me, and I don't have time to try Eve online. Starsector is a lot of fun tho, hopefully sb2 will be too.

I was roaming around on another planet and stumbled on this Installation. There were several baddies, that my squad and I dismissed.
SB2_EA-84.jpg

SB2_EA-86.jpg

SB2_EA-88.jpg

I only descended one level and had a few baddies try to stop us. Another shiny toy caught my attention so I backed out and we took off to the stars for other things.
Afaik, there are some of these bunkers that go down several levels with lots of loot to take / earn, etc.
GL HF

Last edited:
An update
4.0 is out and its having issues. I have not DL'd the update yet and probably won't until I hear they patched some of the bugs. The Dev has a Discord site where you can read about the problems. I mostly read the Steam forum to get my SB2 news. I hope they get 4.0 fixed since it has a lot of new stuff.
Have a nice day

Top Bottom