Kinect: Disneyland Adventures Splash Mountain Ch. 1 Secret

I am having trouble with the last section secrets, while taking the right path. I can get through the first attack, but I cannot make it through the second attack without 'failing'.
Am I supposed to be able to swing at the projectile and send it back (like in other attractions)? I've tried this numerous times and cannot get it to work. I've tried ducking, but I still get hit. I've tried swerving, but I hit the debris and 'fail' again.
Any advice would be much appreciated.

I am having trouble with the last section secrets, while taking the right path. I can get through the first attack, but I cannot make it through the second attack without 'failing'.
Am I supposed to be able to swing at the projectile and send it back (like in other attractions)? I've tried this numerous times and cannot get it to work. I've tried ducking, but I still get hit. I've tried swerving, but I hit the debris and 'fail' again.
Any advice would be much appreciated.

Hi there, could you try performing a gesture that simulates your arm moving from high to low, rather than the "batting" gesture used in Pirates and see if that helps? :)

The ticket should provide an example of the required gesture on the load screen for the section as well.

Hi there, could you try performing a gesture that simulates your arm moving from high to low, rather than the "batting" gesture used in Pirates and see if that helps? :)

The ticket should provide an example of the required gesture on the load screen for the section as well.

So are you saying that 'batting' them away is the proper way to not "fail" this attack?

I had just been dodging them up until then, but could never get the 'batting' to work. I will try this again. I was using the same gesture as in Pirates, but my character's animation suggested that he was indeed 'batting'.
Thanks for the advice, Kyle, and I'll respond with my results.

So are you saying that 'batting' them away is the proper way to not "fail" this attack?

I had just been dodging them up until then, but could never get the 'batting' to work. I will try this again. I was using the same gesture as in Pirates, but my character's animation suggested that he was indeed 'batting'.
Thanks for the advice, Kyle, and I'll respond with my results.

The gesture is slightly different for this attraction, the movement -- rather than "batting" -- emphasizes you moving your arm from an outward, but upright position to down by your side. Like you're "batting" downward so to speak.

Quite hard to explain without an image :p. But as I say, the ticket should demonstrate this to you on the loading screen.

The gesture is slightly different for this attraction, the movement -- rather than "batting" -- emphasizes you moving your arm from an outward, but upright position to down by your side. Like you're "batting" downward so to speak.

Quite hard to explain without an image :p. But as I say, the ticket should demonstrate this to you on the loading screen.

Thanks, I'll try this next time I play.

Just to make sure, are you saying that 'batting' them away is the proper way to not "fail" this attack?

I know dodging/swerving it works, but will 'batting' it work?
I really wish it didn't take so long just to get to this portion of the level.

Thanks, I'll try this next time I play.

Just to make sure, are you saying that 'batting' them away is the proper way to not "fail" this attack?

I know dodging/swerving it works, but will 'batting' it work?
I really wish it didn't take so long just to get to this portion of the level.

Hi :).

Apologies on the delayed reply. Yes, you are meant to be batting the objects back, but the gesture is different. Try using the movements as mentioned above.

Cheers,

Kyle

Top Bottom