Squirrels ands Birds!

Not for exhibits but just running around. I haver not been to single zoo in the US that is not full of squirrels and local song birds. This may vary in other countries. I would really like to see some random wildlife running about the zoo.

I think this could go in the same idea as placing fish in the water, as special effects that have motion but there's no interactivity or anything you need to do after placing them. They could have several shapes and sizes, maybe even something like a tree with squirrels that go up and down the tree. The motions would be a limited set of patterns that repeat, but it is still the same general thought, just expanding the coding, as the things like falling leaves and water we have now.

I'd like this sort of thing restricted to a special effect (like the fountain jets, waterfalls, and so on). In my view it would be a looped animation based around an effect spawner that you could place basically anywhere. This would work for birds, butterflies, pond fish (such as koi), or really anything.

Planet Coaster had ambient pigeons flying around, but I believe I read somewhere that they were left out of zoo due to constraints on performance or something (this might have been a community theory rather than an official statement, it was a long time ago). Adding them in as special effects could at least provide players with the option.

I'd like this sort of thing restricted to a special effect (like the fountain jets, waterfalls, and so on). In my view it would be a looped animation based around an effect spawner that you could place basically anywhere. This would work for birds, butterflies, pond fish (such as koi), or really anything.

Planet Coaster had ambient pigeons flying around, but I believe I read somewhere that they were left out of zoo due to constraints on performance or something (this might have been a community theory rather than an official statement, it was a long time ago). Adding them in as special effects could at least provide players with the option.
I do wish some ambient animals as in the retro ZT series somewhere in the future updates, preferably as a pre patch update for an aviary dlc lol.

I do wish some ambient animals as in the retro ZT series somewhere in the future updates, preferably as a pre patch update for an aviary dlc lol.

I imagine that any hypothetical patch for a hypthetical aviary DLC would have to include the aviaries themselves (and probably a token set of birds with it), so probably not ambient animals.

Top Bottom