SRV instancing still broken. **Fixed as of 3.3 (1.27 PS)**

stormyuk

Volunteer Moderator
Of course it is fixed, the bug report has been archived!

You must have crashed out when Stinja and I exited glide, because one minute Lab's beacon is there, the next it's gone.

Yeh thanks Lab, Duck, Stinja, Firestorm and Andy for helping us reconfirm this bug.

Did I actually help? I Dropped on Lab's wake and you both disappeared? OldDuck was about too, and we both wondered what had just happened.

We called for assistance and CMDRs came, that’s help =] But it was actually Firestorm dropping onto the planet in his SRV that triggered the crash as the third SRV in the instance.

stormyuk

Volunteer Moderator
Anyone who doesn't suffer from this when they have 3 players in SRVs on the deck in the instance can they post here, and let me know if the three machines include any PS4 Pros?

Last edited:
Did it help mate?

Not had chance to test it yet. I did do the DW2 mystery mission the other night but having spent a few hours at the plotting screen to get to the final destination I didn't really want to crash anyone out at planetside! There was more than just planet surface SRV crashing going on but as you know it's a bit busy in the voice chat on these events to try and steer anything else in. Funnily enough though I was fine and had no problems. May be worth pursuing this further. Spoil-t said he had a regular PS4 as I recall, which won't have the boost mode? Boost mode does suggest you turn it off if you experience problems.

stormyuk

Volunteer Moderator
Not had chance to test it yet. I did do the DW2 mystery mission the other night but having spent a few hours at the plotting screen to get to the final destination I didn't really want to crash anyone out at planetside! There was more than just planet surface SRV crashing going on but as you know it's a bit busy in the voice chat on these events to try and steer anything else in. Funnily enough though I was fine and had no problems. May be worth pursuing this further. Spoil-t said he had a regular PS4 as I recall, which won't have the boost mode? Boost mode does suggest you turn it off if you experience problems.

Yeh its definitely worth checking out, I think I have boost mode on too. So if its definitely a Pro only thing then its worth considering.

stormyuk

Volunteer Moderator
Aye, indeed. It's an easily tested hypothesis, just have everyone turn it off and try another meeting on a planet.

Yeh I tried asking about if any groups of PS4 or Slim users without Pro had this crash and could never really get to the bottom of it. Spoil-T suggested his group of friends on day one PS4s didn't have the issue.

I'm going to be realistic and say that if the issue is still occuring when DW2 launches, I won't bother going on the event, as half the fun is the meetups

I'mn sure they'll sort it

Top Bottom