SRV Material Collecting

Can we at least talk about this? I'm referring to running over a pile of rocks 5x times in a row. At first it was fun and made sense because the the location of the cargo hatch. Then you do it for a while, ive taken more damage from rocks picking up materials then I have skimmers. Ya ya, get gud. Now i'm not saying we should be able to collect them all at once, no Frontier you can keep your content filler. However can we at least just target the material and activate a module while within range and remain stationary please. Would be such a quality of life improvement.

You mean limpets for SRVs. :) Personally, I enjoy the material collecting - but I also think that having something to collect the bits for you would be cool.

Alternatively, not having to target the material at all, perhaps? It made sense when there was a common storage for them; now that every material has its own storage you collect everything you can anyway

Alternatively, not having to target the material at all, perhaps? It made sense when there was a common storage for them; now that every material has its own storage you collect everything you can anyway
Yeah, for materials I'd like them to increase the range and make it scoop everything. Not sure it would be ideal when you come across an SRV crash and have cargo you can scoop.

They can do it at the same time they fix the gun sights to actually hit things at Geo sites.

I'd like them to add some kind of drill mechanic to SRVs, and of course, thus adding a drill to the SRV and material "veins" that can be found and cored out to great effect, giving you a good amount of the material in question, provided you do well at the accompanying minigame. I kind of picture the drill being in the front middle of the SRV like a mosquito's nose. Or it could be a couple mining lasers that roll into place over the "shoulders" of the SRV. something like that.

basically make moon/planet mining a thing, and have a minigame/skill thing to it like the new mining mechanics.

Something better is needed, that's for sure.. It's very annoying right now, especially on really low G planets where you have to wait what feels like "forever" just for the darn thing to settle to the ground. I make a game out of trying to use thrusters to catch it in the air....but it's a real fuel time waster either way and about as engaging as watching paint dry. Time gating things is all well and fine, but come on...there needs to be some intelligent limit to the level of tedium involved in said time.

Last edited:
It's very annoying right now, especially on really low G planets where you have to wait what feels like "forever" just for the darn thing to settle to the ground.

Why wait? The SRV can fly. I took this on a normal G world:

The actual playtime (hunting rocks) was around an hour. In that time, I collected enough materials to go from one premium SRV repair to 76. And so long as you drive it like you stole it, it is also fun. :)

Top Bottom