Horizons SRV scanner/radar - specific material search?

How can I set up the SRV scanner/radar to search for specific materials only? Lets say I need iron. I want to set the scanner to only pick up on signatures from iron, so I don't have to search through every rock that gives a signature.

You can't exactly. Different types of rocks give different scan results, but i don't think any of them specifically identify what is contained within, just whether its a Bronzite or Outcrop etc.

Sadly, I don't think you can. However, each type of rock you can shoot puts out a different "signature" on your scanner screen. I'm pretty sure there's a thread that outlines the different one's.

LLaP
S1E

Oh come on.. We're in year 3301 right? Even back in year 2016 they could set metal detectors to pick up on certain metals only.. :rolleyes:

You can't exactly. Different types of rocks give different scan results, but i don't think any of them specifically identify what is contained within, just whether its a Bronzite or Outcrop etc.
Yeah, I can hear that rocks give different sound signature. But there's not much difference in the content in these rocks, so I don't find it as a good indicator for if I should check a rock out or just leave it.

Well, seems like I have to keep doing it the hard way.

Thanks for help guys. :)

Deleted member 38366

D
Yeah, I can hear that rocks give different sound signature. But there's not much difference in the content in these rocks, so I don't find it as a good indicator for if I should check a rock out or just leave it.

Well, seems like I have to keep doing it the hard way.

I'd definitely like to be able to tune the Scanner.
Nothing to pinpoint a specific Material, but at least to a Material Group so your chances at least increase.

Although I'm sure they'll soon fix them, currently I'd rather tune it to remove all man-made POIs, unless I want to feel like WALL-E (cleaning up the trash everywhere) ;)

PS.
http://elite-dangerous.wikia.com/wiki/Metallic_Meteorite
http://elite-dangerous.wikia.com/wiki/Mesosiderite

2 steady bars on the low Frequency means either a good Outcrop or ideally a Metallic one. Metallic are the most rare Meteorites and seem to yield the very rare (type-4) Materials.
1 steady bar on the low Frequency is a Mesosiderite and often a good source of rare (type-3) Materials.
At least to me, both Metallic and Mesosiderite sound the same in the Scanner Audio - which is always a key information to go by.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom