SRV throttle control

Hello commanders. Need some help with SRV speed control. I am using X52 PRO (it is Odyssey on PC) and everything works as it should, but I can’t make it work right for SRV throttle control to save my life. It goes from full speed ahead to full reverse if I just look at the throttle lever. It is very much as if my throttle response was following negative exponential curve. I don’t think I have any issues with X52 PRO itself because it works flawlessly with ships, SLFs and the camera. It didn’t just happen overnight. It was like this for a long time, but I barely used my SRV for a few years, until I decided to go back to exploration and now it really drives me nuts. Appreciate any advice.

When l had an x56 I used a clip on 3d printed detent in the centre. So l had reverse (back on throttle), neutral (the detent in the centre), and forwards pushing the throttle forwards obviously.
The deadzone was set to about half a cm.
You can also try taking drive assist off...or if its off put it on.

Hello commanders. Need some help with SRV speed control. I am using X52 PRO (it is Odyssey on PC) and everything works as it should, but I can’t make it work right for SRV throttle control to save my life. It goes from full speed ahead to full reverse if I just look at the throttle lever. It is very much as if my throttle response was following negative exponential curve. I don’t think I have any issues with X52 PRO itself because it works flawlessly with ships, SLFs and the camera. It didn’t just happen overnight. It was like this for a long time, but I barely used my SRV for a few years, until I decided to go back to exploration and now it really drives me nuts. Appreciate any advice.
I have an X52 Pro currently with the SRV throttle bound for full travel operation with a button hold for reverse exactly the same as my ship. The major difference is in the ship I have Flight Assist on as default the SRV is the opposite with the default to OFF the assist seems to give the full on or off behaviour you describe.

TL: DR Switch the Drive assist default to off.

Disable drive assist, set throttle forward to "full motion" that is from zero to full throttle on the slider, assign key to change from forward to reverse, that's how I have it set up on my Thrustmaster, works fine.

The throttle works differently in the SRV than it does in your ship.
In your ship, the half-way point gives you 50% thrust.
In your SRV, it's slightly less than 30% of full speed.
These figures are without any axis modification through software.

Top Bottom