Staff are being ridiculous

HeatherG

Volunteer Moderator
I'm having the same problem. I'm about to add it to the Issues Tracker. I'll post a link to it when I've completed it if you want to add to it. I've been following my staff. As soon it says "Heading to staff room" an instant notification shows up saying there's no room but they walk straight to it. Empty most of the time.
LINK:

Last edited:
Oh, this is common? I have it after the last patch that also broke player visits. I fired a lot of staff, because I was thinking I have too many after the update and they work more efficient. Probably not...

This is a known bug. Saving and restarting your Zoo should cure it. I have today sent a saved Zoo to Frontier which is displaying staff problems so - Sit tight.

Removing paths that connect to facilities, and replacing those also helps most of the time.

I used to have this in Beta, haven't seen it happen since.

Paul_Crowther

Community Manager
Frontier
Can you check that the Staff Rooms have power, are fully connected to the paths (With no obstructions) and are in the Staff workzones? If yes to all of the above please be sure to report the issue with as much information as possible on our Issue Tracker so our developers can take a closer look.

I just had this happen with vendors that were still assigned to a specific shop, not a work zone. I.e. they did not have a specific staff room assigned to them yet. They were heading towards a large staff room with lots of space and the message disappeared. Maybe when they start looking for a staff room (maybe only in their “thoughts” without actually going in that direction) and the nearest one (or maybe the last one they used before) is occupied, it triggers that message and the message stays active until they actually reach a staff room with space.

I am pretty sure that once I assign them to a work zone, this message will not show up again unless the work zone staff room is too busy and they need larger or more rooms since this was the first time this message popped up in my zoo.

All my staffs are assigned to workzones with enough space in the staff rooms. All paths are connected. We are talking about a functioning zoo before the patch here.

Google translator:
I have that too.
Employees take a break and it is a message that the person cannot find an employee room.

As soon as the person is in the said room, the message disappears. But there was no overcrowding.

My employees with the animal enclosures constantly grumble that they cannot find a way to their work area.

But the cleaning and feeding.
I don't know what they mean. Maybe the enclosures are too big for them?

The peacocks have a very large enclosure and 10 hippos also need a lot of space.

Original:
Ich habe das auch.
Mitarbeiter gehen zur Pause und es ist eine Mitteilung das die Person keinen Mitarbeiterraum findet.

Kaum ist die Person in dem besagten Raum, verschwindet die Nachricht. Es gab aber keine Überbelegung.

Meine Mitarbeiter mit den Tiergehegen, motzen auch ständig das sie keinen Weg zu ihrem Arbeitsbereich finden.

Aber die Putzen und Füttern.

Keine Ahnung was die also meinen.
Vielleicht sind denen die Gehege zu groß?
Die Pfauen haben ein sehr großes Gehege und 10 Flußpferde brauchen auch viel Platz.

My staff keep complaining that there are no staff rooms with space when there in fact are. Not a major issue, but a bit annoying.
This is the type of thing that, in real life, management just says get over it. I'm not telling you to get over it, I am saying I think it's funny that something that would normally be a non-issue is something that they make an issue of in the game

This is the type of thing that, in real life, management just says get over it. I'm not telling you to get over it, I am saying I think it's funny that something that would normally be a non-issue is something that they make an issue of in the game

In real life, zoo keepers can also walk more than ten meters without getting totally exhausted. :sneaky: In the game, guests are able to march miles in order to buy pizza, whilst the staff members complain about the recreation room not being next to their workplace...

I noticed that since yesterday, I'm getting the message about no available staff room more often than before in the same zoo. I blame terrain work and path editing, and I just ignore the message because it solves itself as soon as they reach the (empty) room.

Top Bottom