Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

Yeah, its difficult to explain but i don't care about the ships i own in ED, they are just a tool for the job. because that is all there is to it, i think the "if they had an interior you have to move through it to get in and out, so no" speaks to why that is.

If you're developing a game from a spreadsheet you get something that feels like it was made by an accountant.

CIG are acting out a fantasy everytime they develop a ship, and that's the difference.
What you say there is very true. The fantasy is to be in space with your ship, inc interior.
And yes spot on, ED almost feels like the accountant did the planning. Maybe he did.

...The "dream" is more about repeating over and over again here that SC has no content, no gameplay and that fun was not a relevant info. What you are experiencing is more like an awakening. Look at the way Xink describes SC and afterthat watch all CMDR Kate videos and see who is the one dreaming about the state of SC...
You got a smile out of me for that one :D

....Cue 8 pages of Ci¬G bashing and idiot Roberts memes showing that there's zero released games and CR has lied consistently since 2012...I can barely hold back my enthusiasm for another 8 pages of that :whistle:

Last edited:
The thing is all these 'games' are good in their own ways. It's great we have them all to moan about.

Once SC is released and if it lives upto it's aim, then it's going to be a very good space game for all of us to marvel at and indeed play.
Just needs content, stability and a fire extinguisher issued to each player.

Why does it really matter what anyone is prepared to spend? You seem increasingly concerned at what private individuals are spending on SC all of a sudden. Maybe the lack of ECity crying "Scam!" every 3 pages has damaged your mojo :D

It’s not sudden. I’m always talking about this stuff ;)

But if you want me to do it again…

Short Answer: A noob spending half a grand on something that doesn’t exist is unusual ¯\(ツ)/¯

Shouldn’t really need pointing out should it?

The ship monetisation system baked SC into scope creep hell from the start, reducing their odds of delivering the promised product with each turn of the wheel. That is a truly crap system.

Noobs splurging on ships not for what the game or the ship is now, but for what CIG say it will be, is also crap. Given the above. (And CIG’s history of talking utter bobbins on that front ;)). That’s what those guys are doing by pre-ordering ‘jpeg' behemoths.

Some of those noobs will doubtless proceed down CIG’s 'gamified' slide of LTI bait, joining the veteran 'I wish I hadn’t spent so much' ranks. Or potentially the frustrated refundians who lie beyond, tired of waiting for the alpha to resolve, clawing back their 50-80% on the grey market where possible. Which is also crap.

It’s pretty straight forward really. I’m just watching the cycle perpetuate itself.

And shaking my head ¯\(ツ)/¯

Agree on the ship interiors. The problem FD have with VR is they sent a clear signal with EDO that VR is not a major thing, so as they add new content that is not going to be playable in VR. How do they do ship interiors if VR doesn't work properly when on foot, logically that will be pass through? When you start thinking that through VR is a small part of the game and so awkward to use. Then it becomes a question of why bother when its clear most content wont work in full VR.

The VR thing is extremely baffling with FD. However, with ED there is hope FD will make it happen. With SC, i'm not sure they can. They invested so heavily into all those forced animations and stuff the VR experience might be horrible even if they put the tech in place.

It’s not sudden. I’m always talking about this stuff ;)

But if you want me to do it again…

Short Answer: A noob spending half a grand on something that doesn’t exist is unusual ¯\(ツ)/¯

Shouldn’t really need pointing out should it?

The ship monetisation system baked SC into scope creep hell from the start, reducing their odds of delivering the promised product with each turn of the wheel. That is a truly crap system.

Noobs splurging on ships not for what the game or the ship is now, but for what CIG say it will be, is also crap. Given the above. (And CIG’s history of talking utter bobbins on that front ;)). That’s what those guys are doing by pre-ordering ‘jpeg' behemoths.

Some of those noobs will doubtless proceed down CIG’s 'gamified' slide of LTI bait, joining the veteran 'I wish I hadn’t spent so much' ranks. Or potentially the frustrated refundians who lie beyond, tired of waiting for the alpha to resolve, clawing back their 50-80% on the grey market where possible. Which is also crap.

It’s pretty straight forward really. I’m just watching the cycle perpetuate itself.

And shaking my head ¯\(ツ)/¯
But you still insist on pointing it out...incessantly. I think I preferred ECity shouting "SCAM!" every 3 pages :)

Last edited:
You should have full control on your avatar pic. Try uploading a new one?
I think it's time locked or something...I clicked on that pic...decided I didn't like it in the preview due to it being cropped so I selected another and saved it. For some reason it's still stuck on the image that's there now...even though I didn't actually save it as my chosen image. It'll probably shift over to the new one at some point. It displayed my chosen pic briefly yesterday before it shifted over to this one... very strange 🤷‍♂️

I loved that image made up by StigBob as a skit on my wearing the Ushanka I got from a Russian border guard back during the cold war...but there wasn't so much heavy cropping of the images when I used it.
foAVdAl.jpg

Last edited:
Is there something posted ? because I'm not seeing it, could be my settings .
Something to do with the forums. I never see Youtube videos either, but if you reply you'll see the shortlink, and can paste into a browser to view. It was some update they did to the forum version a little while back. (i'm using Firefox)

Not wanting to kick anything off: but how's 3.14 at the mo*?
I've been playing other stuff, but should try the eventy things. Also got fed 3.15 videos in youtub, hope the new on-foot missions are better than the current ones, as i quite like the 890 boarding, but the AI needs work.

* purely gameplay wise from a player, not political / scam / etc state

Last edited:
Something to do with the forums. I never see Youtube videos either, but if you reply you'll see the shortlink, and can paste into a browser to view. It was some update they did to the forum version a little while back. (i'm using Firefox)

Not wanting to kick anything off: but how's 3.14 at the mo?
I've been playing other stuff, but should try the eventy things. Also got fed 3.15 videos in youtub, hope the new on-foot missions are better than the current ones, as i quite like the 890 boarding, but the AI needs work.
Buggy...30k's. Most are just waiting for the next patch to hit before committing much playing time to 3.14. Should be this week™

Back
Top Bottom