Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

tumblr_ly8cx1HYLe1qlajizo1_500.gif

Could it relate?

Dunno every game seems to have it's share of cheerleaders which are a bit delusional... :unsure: Even on the other parts of this forum, people have pretty laughable comments which have raised my eyebrows.
Or Fallout 76, widely trashed, but it had defenders "it's not that bad really" and so on. But if someone finds subjective fun out of something, even if there's objective issues or technical issues, i can't criticism them for having fun. I can criticise the objectively bad bits.

As i do with SC: both have fun, but criticise the game.

"I dont mind if other people enjoy something I don't like, but it makes them delusional cheerleaders."

🤔

I can see why people might enjoy FO76, even if it is 'widely trashed'. Doesn't make them delusional, cheerleaders, shill, trolls, white knights or whatever dumb ad hominem you have in store for them to prop up your own meaningless opinion about some dumb computer game.

But its a pretty good summary of the mentality of some in this topic. A thin veil of 'I respect people having fun!' over the glaringly petty "u so bad if u no dislike gaemes lyk me!!!!!!".

"I dont mind if other people enjoy something I don't like, but it makes them delusional cheerleaders."

🤔

I can see why people might enjoy FO76, even if it is 'widely trashed'. Doesn't make them delusional, cheerleaders, shill, trolls, white knights or whatever dumb ad hominem you have in store for them to prop up your own meaningless opinion about some dumb computer game.

But its a pretty good summary of the mentality of some in this topic. A thin veil of 'I respect people having fun!' over the glaringly petty "u so bad if u no dislike gaemes lyk me!!!!!!".
Some people go miles to excuse fraud and lies. I do not like that.

🤔

I think you misinterpret what he is saying. He's talking about those who go overboard. Its not just that they enjoy it. They believe things that do seem to correspond to reality.

Like the people who remain convinced that SC or SQ42 will be released soon, despite years of experience telling them otherwise. Or those who believe that server meshing will cure all ills. Or those that think that CIG are sitting on loads of systems, just waiting for server meshing before adding them. And its not that they just believe it, they then tell others about it, and cheer them on, saying its all coming soon.

So what happens if you know the company offering the contract is about to fold? ;)
Most "normal" contracts under English and Welsh law have specific provisions in them if one/both of the parties becomes formally insolvent (there are also statutory notices that appear if that's about to happen in the London Gazette). This normally revolves around rendering the contract null and void, but may include provisions for parties recovering stranded costs, or being able to claim from the Insolvency Practitioner/Official Receiver as a creditor.
One thing that may interest is the IP/OR has very strong legal powers including being able to disclaim (i.e. cancel) any onerous agreement the insolvent party entered into prior to insolvency. They can also have contracts re-instated if required, have immediate right of entry to any location where financial information or assets might be held (without warrant) and can force full financial disclosure via the high court from any individual who they suspect may have some. I can tell some interesting stories exercising those powers, if you relish the discomfort of solicitors/lawyers, from my previous life in this field ;)

Last edited:
So if CIG are full speed ahead on SQ42 gameplay features, what about the Space Vandals? Will they be fully implemented in game first and then transferred to PU?

Most "normal" contracts under English and Welsh law have specific provisions in them if one/both of the parties becomes formally insolvent (there are also statutory notices that appear if that's about to happen in the London Gazette). This normally revolves around rendering the contract null and void, but may include provisions for parties recovering stranded costs, or being able to claim from the Insolvency Practitioner/Official Receiver as a creditor.
One thing that may interest is the IP/OR has very strong legal powers including being able to disclaim (i.e. cancel) any onerous agreement the insolvent party entered into prior to insolvency. They can also have contracts re-instated if required, have immediate right of entry to any location where financial information or assets might be held (without warrant) and can force full financial disclosure via the high court from any individual who they suspect may have some. I can tell some interesting stories exercising those powers, if you relish the discomfort of solicitors/lawyers, from my previous life in this field ;)
I already said, lawyers. :)

This roadmap update is concerning ...

... where are the new ships ;)

(I'm actually surprised at how much is still scheduled for 3.15 - normally nearly everything is postponed from what I've seen)

This roadmap update is concerning ...

... where are the new ships ;)

(I'm actually surprised at how much is still scheduled for 3.15 - normally nearly everything is postponed from what I've seen)
That's easy. The roadmap only has items that will be indefinitely delayed several weeks after their deadline expected delivery date passes.

Ships are never delayed, are always on time and perfectly scheduled to accidentally on purpose coincide with events like twitter whackathons, free flies, or Cons. Or all of the above.

See, easy.

Back
Top Bottom