Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

Just go to go the sc_trades sub reddit. Look how there are literally hundreds of thousands and millions of dollars worth of trades every single month. Either they are lying by boosting trades or there is a literal monetary market for ships and the speculative rise around them.

Sure, lets take a look.

When you do a trade on sc_trades, there is a trade confirmation thread and post. Each trade should have two posts, the seller saying the sale went well and the buyer saying the sale went well. Or not well.....

image.png

So in September there were 2,100 comments. If everything went perfectly that would mean there were 1050 transactions.

Now, using your 1 million dollar figure, 1,000,000 / 1050 = 952.

So you think each transaction on the sc_trades goes for an average of $952.

Ok, lets not do it if everything went perfectly, but if everything was done wrong and there were actually 2,100 transactions.

1,000,000 / 2100 = 476.

Best case you think the average transaction on sc_trades goes for $476.

Yeah, no.

I will grant there is a decent amount of money going through there. But millions, nah.

What's with all the negativity? Didn't you see the pretty clouds?! Everything is clearly progressing just fine, and 'Con 21 was a stunning vindication of Roberts' genius, vision and integrity.

/s

I especially liked the bit where they joked about the 2016 sandwurm, and how they lied about it being in the game and totally unscripted. Hilarious!

Went back and re-watched the server meshing panel.

Looks like the idea of the there being a "single" instance is dead and there will be shards. Couple of places where this comes through, most clearly here:

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSzUWl4r2rU&t=1286s
It's instancing, Jim...but not as we know it. :D

The most interesting thing I took from the server meshing talking heads thing was that Turbulent were doing most of the talking about how they are doing it after seemingly ditching the original Ci¬G idea. Another @WotGTheAgent prediction comes to pass ;)

In 3.15 news...Don't like this...

With this upcoming change, players will now lose all items equipped to their character upon death. These items include items from the pledge store including subscriber items. We are currently looking into different solutions for this but for 3.15.x be warned that if you die with subscriber items on, you will lose them in game but they will not be removed from your account or pledge store.

What it means is everyone will be running around in 3.15 wearing n00b suits with no weapons since there's little point in wearing cash bought nice armour if it vanishes every time you get killed by a ship ramp.

Last edited:
In 3.15 news...Don't like this...

With this upcoming change, players will now lose all items equipped to their character upon death. These items include items from the pledge store including subscriber items. We are currently looking into different solutions for this but for 3.15.x be warned that if you die with subscriber items on, you will lose them in game but they will not be removed from your account or pledge store.

What it means is everyone will be running around in 3.15 wearing n00b suits with no weapons since there's little point in wearing cash bought nice armour if it vanishes every time you get killed by a ship ramp.

Character reset will get anything back if you really have to have it.

And prison is fun...

If you die with a crime stat, you still go to prison.

Once you serve your time, you still take the elevator to get out. But instead of spawning in Everus Harbor, you spawn in the hospital at your designated location.

The fact I cant choose Grim Hex as my main location is very annoying.

Back
Top Bottom