Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

GuardFrequency's take on the UK filings:

Source: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1184462972?t=00h38m31s

• Sees it as 2mil taken out in the share fund shenanigans [because probably doubled by US side?]
  • Sees the 2mil on license etc as certainly being for the Cryengine licensing (ergo small win in court case)
  • Sees the 'prejudicial to declare origin of turnover' bit as suggesting the CIG UK money comes via 'Cayman islands' [Calders etc], and isn't a direct reflection of backer funding per se, which he assumes is lower than declared. But he's not an accountant, and is guessing.
  • Says can't prove the funding tracker is false, but finds the wobbles it has when money taken out of company an interesting correlation.
  • 2016 (2.0) as the official point when they entered Early Access. (IE regarding the recent successful UK refunds & exchanges with CIG).

What I took away from that 5 mins of banter is that they have no clue regarding financials and accounting. Not a single use of the word dividends, although they were fumbling to describe it in their own words. And talking about the Calder's investment to buy shares as if it's the same as pledges. Smh. Having said that, the overall tone seemed to be on point, like calling them disingenuous to have taken dividends when promising otherwise (paraphrasing).

Is that why some get so rattled when they see other CMDR's praising Star Citizen?
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39xB9qbNcrM

Thanks for posting that vid. It caught my attention because that's the gameplay I experienced during the free-fly. Interestingly, the Caterpillar crash site was quite different when I did it, better in fact. We had enemies we had to take out (well, a friendly veteran Aussie player did while showing me the ropes). I had to get healed. Also the overall atmosphere was better, quite eerie, dark, windswept, flying debris, and much more clambering up and down ship levels and corridors to find the unstable containers which were scattered all over the place - after we'd taken care of the baddies ofc. The recovery part to the final destination looked very similar.

Question (for anyone): How many different crashed ship configurations are there for this mission, and does it depend on how many players have signed up to do that mission (two in our case)?

Ahaa I see. Well that's a pity, because the environmental effects I was seeing were very good indeed. As you say, they really do set the vibe - noticeably better than the vid above. I note even without those effects DTEA had a good experience.

Is that why some get so rattled when they see other CMDR's praising Star Citizen?

I must say, although very buggy and unintuitive at first glance, it's no wonder that those with the hardware, the perseverance and ingenuity to survive the steep learning curve of SC, only need couple of days to realise just how much fun it is. Specially when coming from Elite's outdated, grindy, bland and ultimately inconsequential gameplay.

Odyssey should have been a turn of direction to make the game exciting again after 2 years of nothinburger, instead they doubled down on the repetitiveness to hide the lack of features and purpose. Meanwhile in SC it seems every patch comes with changes and features that keep things fresh.

So it comes as no surprise that many CMDR's abandon ED for SC and that big streamers prefer playing SC instead of ED.
Meanwhile, the salt from those like yourself who think "Elite bad, Star Citizen good", and get incredibly defensive and emotional about SC's issues, offers endless entertainment for us normal gamers who simply play many games 😂

"Look, a youtuber plays my game instead of another game!"
It's your game? What's wrong with you? 🍿

"Space Tsunami" isn't an ED player, certainly not since EDO released, he changed his titles to "Elite Dangerous Veteran ..." 2 months ago as a joke, and has stuck with it.

Now, if you check the comments in the video where he first did it, and look at the number of views his videos SINCE have had compared to before ... you can see why he stuck with the joke.

And who are the extra viewers? They aren't ED players. He's just realised mentioning ED in his titles brings in more of the existing SC viewers :D
On the same topic, ex-CMDR now-Citizen Kate is the same: sod-all views on youtube prior to making SC content. Fair play to her imo: making content that she enjoys and generates views for her. SC needs good content creators like her, they've been unfortunately starved of them for many years, what with many SC veterans quitting over the years :cry:

Meanwhile, premium content creators like Obsidian Ant, who exalted gamers like @sovapid feel inspired by, simply make videos about lots of games that they enjoy :)

Last edited:
Thanks for posting that vid. It caught my attention because that's the gameplay I experienced during the free-fly. Interestingly, the Caterpillar crash site was quite different when I did it, better in fact. We had enemies we had to take out (well, a friendly veteran Aussie player did while showing me the ropes). I had to get healed. Also the overall atmosphere was better, quite eerie, dark, windswept, flying debris, and much more clambering up and down ship levels and corridors to find the unstable containers which were scattered all over the place - after we'd taken care of the baddies ofc. The recovery part to the final destination looked very similar.

Question (for anyone): How many different crashed ship configurations are there for this mission, and does it depend on how many players have signed up to do that mission (two in our case)?
They can be freelancers, starfarers or caterpillars...from the black box missions I used to like. Sometimes on planets or moons, sometimes in space where it's all EVA stuff.

Meanwhile, the salt from those like yourself who think "Elite bad, Star Citizen good", and get incredibly defensive and emotional about SC's issues, offers endless entertainment for us normal gamers who simply play many games 😂

"Look, a youtuber plays my game instead of another game!"
It's your game? What's wrong with you? 🍿
That being the main reason I dislike comparisons. I really don't mind all those recent SC content creators and/or evangelists, some are quite entertaining...but I draw the line when they start comparing one of my favourite games with another favourite to gain brownie points with one set of fanboys simply to irritate others. Content creators are fine and all that, but if I'm watching their drivel, I'm not playing the games myself...which is kinda missing the point of having a nice gaming PC :)

Last edited:
73597475-portrait-of-cow-in-military-uniform-hand-drawn-illustration-digitally-colored-.jpg

Meanwhile, the salt from those like yourself who think "Elite bad, Star Citizen good", and get incredibly defensive and emotional about SC's issues
Aren't you mixing the salt shaker from the "Elite good, Star Citizen bad" crew? After all, they've spent years lashing on anyone who dared to show it's enjoyment for playing Star Citizen, or even worse, claiming it's preference over Elite and now it's all over the place.

As for Kate switcheroo from CMDR to Citizen, she also had good views on her Elite videos when the content was fresh remember (her Thargoid fight tactits) was still in the top 5 most watched videos last I checked, but sure enough, her Star Citizen videos were quickly catching up week by week.

A normal course of affairs, all things considered. After all, many Elite Dangerous players left by years of lethargy and extrapolated by the pitiful state of Odyssey's release and the "Armstrong moment-ship interiors are boring" debacle.

And to think it all starter exactly 4 months ago with a simple station to planet video:

So, It's with no surprise that the Skunks keep on growing:

Aren't you mixing the salt shaker from the "Elite good, Star Citizen bad" crew? After all, they've spent years lashing on anyone who dared to show it's enjoyment for playing Star Citizen, or even worse, claiming it's preference over Elite and now it's all over the place.
Years? Surely months; your account was only created in May this year 😄

Either:
  1. You're an alt of an account previously banned from here
  2. You listen to others that are banned from here
  3. You have stalked me obsessively
Possibly a combination of the above. Whatever reason, you clearly have a misinformed and (immaturely?) biased opinion of me :cool:

Or are you referring to foolish people trying to promote different games (in this case Star Citizen) on /r/EliteDangerous, and correctly getting nuked by the very wise and eloquent moderators of the subreddit? If so: sucks to be them 😂

People should enjoy the early access game Star Citizen if its implemented features allow, and Squadron 42 whenever the hell that is getting released. I've certainly been waiting a long time to 😆

Top Bottom