Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

Why is it I keep envisioning a man standing unsteadily on a street corner, shouting: "SANDRA!… I’m with VANESSA now!… Can you hear me SANDRA??"
Hahaha, it's hilariously cringey 😂
weP8U1u.gif

Anti cheat coming to Star Citizen's early access alpha:

its a alpha game that doe not promises to run well on weaker mechines or other OS's then it was made for

Ye, But SC is made to run on windows, it was never ment to run on linux so this kind of thing people should of been preparing for tbf

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zt4r3ksHXng&t=1552s

I am surprised they didn't do their own anti-cheat, but give it a fancy name and claim its never been done before.

Went on a melting spree earlier...got rid of the silly bomber and got the BMM out of buyback with the store credit. I also managed a CCU from the Cutty Red to the 400i (and some paint skins) with the spare change...which is about as much use to me as the silly bomber was in the first place :rolleyes:

Ah well... it's new, it's pointy...it's black and orange...white and black... white and black with yellow bits... tacky concierge shiny black with gold bits....or my favourite gun metal and grey-ish Meridian skin.

4Dw9id1.png

N98HWsY.jpg

Last edited:
Went on a melting spree earlier...got rid of the silly bomber and got the BMM out of buyback with the store credit. I also managed a CCU from the Cutty Red to the 400i (and some paint skins) with the spare change...which is about as much use to me as the silly bomber was in the first place :rolleyes:

Ah well... it's new, it's pointy...it's black and orange.

4Dw9id1.png

If you squint a bit it looks like a hydrofoil on water.

If you squint a bit it looks like a hydrofoil on water.
It's a nice ship design wise... except for the lower deck. It has an utterly senseless lack of cargo space considering it's size and no capability to carry a ROC mining buggy due to poorly thought out internal space in the cargo hold. It's utterly pointless for me except as a runabout since at 40 scu, it has less cargo space than a Cutty black and I can't carry a buggy in it. If it had 90-100 scu, it would at least be a fair competitor for the similarly medium sized (and priced) Connie and a useful addition besides looking nice. It's a posh box delivery mission runabout as it is 🤷‍♂️

I'll probably end up melting or CCU'ing it for something useful further down the line unless Ci¬G tweak the cargo capacity and give it the headroom to carry a ROC...

Last edited:
In effect, they wasted dev time and funds adding a 'new' mining subsystem that does absolutely nothing new or innivotive at all.

Ci¬G stated in the latest ISC video that...which isn't the case.

.it seems he either doesn't understand how the system his team have developed actually works in practise...or...he's being railroaded

the scoop has never been implemented

Shocking. Absolutely shocking.

What? You mean to say CIG lied when they promised Linux support in the kickstarter? No way bros, his Holiness The Roberts would not lie! It's coming I tell you, it's just it's in alpha still so.. no point in working on it and wasting dev resources that could be spent on retrofitting useless functionality onto ships so they sell better. Or something.

Rejoice! Someone has summarised SCL...

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen_refunds/comments/qnk945/10_years_into_development_everything_needs_a/hjgqnb4/

Favourite bit I dropped in on:

On trashing the old Flash mobiglass and building a new one with fancy 3D flourishes from scratch:

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeLSsgHSTy4&t=1892s

It's going to take some iteration between ourselves, and also Chris Roberts, the game directors, and so on, until they're happy with... "This is what we want the Mobiglass to be". And then when that's signed off, then, it's, then we can actually start to make the thing. So, I think, I don't know how difficult it's going to be to be honest. Because essentially we're, like, it's like we're making a new operating system almost. Once we've got that that core in place we know how it looks, how it works in 3d and so on, then in theory it's just the case of porting all the old apps across. So like take the mission manager and update it, update that visually, and so on. So I think it's one of those things that once we've got over the initial hurdles it'll start to speed up. But I'm not giving you any dates.

2021 ladies and gentleman...

(Does anyone want to do a montage of the triumphant Mobiglass reveals for v1, v2, v3 etc? ;))

Rejoice! Someone has summarised SCL...

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen_refunds/comments/qnk945/10_years_into_development_everything_needs_a/hjgqnb4/

Favourite bit I dropped in on:

On trashing the old Flash mobiglass and building a new one with fancy 3D flourishes from scratch:

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeLSsgHSTy4&t=1892s

2021 ladies and gentleman...

(Does anyone want to do a montage of the triumphant Mobiglass reveals for v1, v2, v3 etc? ;))
No wonder doors give them so much brain trouble - they can't even distinguish an user interface from operating system.

Back
Top Bottom