Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

Just wait for the IAE, those are rooky numbers !
90 days top !

Oh yeah, i can imagine sales will go through the roof.

My point is about the baseline when no sale going on. That's currently 2-3 times higher than it was say a year ago.

Wipes are apparently good for Store Citizen :D

Heavy Bob, a skeptic, calls into a citizen's show. Funny for both skeptics and fans. Streamer plays along and takes it really well.

Oh lord. All these streamers doing masochistic 'zero to hero' runs.

I mean, it makes sense. (The wipe, loot, etc). But at the same time, it really doesn't...

Source: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1202842276?t=3h9m36s

'That does not count chat.... That was a bug death... I'm taking a fast ship...'

The more i watch SC the more it looks like EDO to me, just with somewhat prettier graphics, more walking, and less acitivites to do....

(Can i hear the sound of blood pressure rising among certain backers? :D)

Oh yeah, i can imagine sales will go through the roof.
My point is about the baseline when no sale going on. That's currently 2-3 times higher than it was say a year ago.
Wipes are apparently good for Store Citizen :D
The current sales are mainly of 2 types I think :
- newbies that don't know that IAE is coming
- long term players that buy small ships while waiting IAE for big ships

Another big point for the next IAE, you can no longer respawn on a tier 3 bed. So the Cutlass red is out for this purpose. As the new medical gameplay is more hard on the play session, we'll see a HUGE boost on ships with tier 2 beds = 890 Jump and mainly Carrack.

The current sales are mainly of 2 types I think :
- newbies that don't know that IAE is coming
- long term players that buy small ships while waiting IAE for big ships

Another big point for the next IAE, you can no longer respawn on a tier 3 bed. So the Cutlass red is out for this purpose. As the new medical gameplay is more hard on the play session, we'll see a HUGE boost on ships with tier 2 beds = 890 Jump and mainly Carrack.

What a way to manipulate the market!

The more i watch SC the more it looks like EDO to me, just with somewhat prettier graphics, more walking, and less acitivites to do....
(Can i hear the sound of blood pressure rising among certain backers? :D)
Yeah, EDO but with ship interiors and a FPS gameplay really tied to the ship gameplay.

Can I get an F for everyone who bought the 'ambulance' Cutlass for its medical spawn point.

£130 slightly unwisely spent...

What a way to manipulate the market!
All those changes where written in "Dead of a spaceman" long ago. It's more "releasing the promised gameplay".

I can give you others "market manipulations" that will come. For now, you can pilot an Aurora with a Heavy armor or Environnemental armor. The day SC implements the armor stockage and wearing gameplay (no more piloting in Pembroke), there will be a big boost in sales of ships with big armor storage.

All those changes where written in "Dead of a spaceman" long ago. It's more "releasing the promised gameplay".

I can give you others "market manipulations" that will come. For now, you can pilot an Aurora with a Heavy armor or Environnemental armor. The day SC implements the armor stockage and wearing gameplay (no more piloting in Pembroke), there will be a big boost in sales of ships with big armor storage.

That's a big oof from me. I never liked the whole Death of a Spaceman shtick, one of CR's dumber ideas in my opinion. People become tied to their characters, and periodically losing them, well, its not to everyone's tastes.

And imagine not being able to fly your spaceship in a Dominator suit because "reasons".

Don't get me wrong, plenty of idiotic design decisions in ED as well. Just seems to me SC is trying to compete with ED on that front as well :D

That's a big oof from me. I never liked the whole Death of a Spaceman shtick, one of CR's dumber ideas in my opinion. People become tied to their characters, and periodically losing them, well, its not to everyone's tastes.

And imagine not being able to fly your spaceship in a Dominator suit because "reasons".

Don't get me wrong, plenty of idiotic design decisions in ED as well. Just seems to me SC is trying to compete with ED on that front as well :D
The whole Death of a Spaceman was the main reason I was more interested at first by SC than ED. I want to be tied to my character and have "real" constraints to be able to manage my equipment.
Not being able to fly your spaceship in a Dominator suit is a strong and great incentive to have a better ship. It's stupid that I can fly my Aurora in a Pembroke armor with a backpack. For me, the "one ship for all purpose" of ED is one of its weakness. If I need to go in places with high environment risk, I need to get a ship able to store one armor for high T°, one for low T°, one for High pressure. One ship for exploration, one ship for combat, one ship for mining, etc give real reasons to buy and fly multiple ships. Constraints and choices do gameplays.

heatsuit_yellow.webp

Lots of things have been written long ago.

Look, here's the description for the Cutlass Red:

Is there a doctor in the house? The Cutlass Red converts the standard cargo hold to a well-equipped medical facility including two Medical Beds. This star bound ambulance features the Nav-E7 Long Range Scanner, and Secure Plus Docking Collar making it ideal for search and rescue. This model contains emergency light-bars and a red emergency themed paint job for easy identification.

Still no long range scanner. Or working docking collar. But it is red. Oh yes.

And now its medical beds have lost that temporary perk of spawn capability, everyone can look forward to the Apollo Triage. It heal-punches way above its weight...

That's the dubious aspect of this way of releasing purchasable content. There's always some new shiny that gives you an improved boon in the PU. (But which then gets surpassed by the next one. And left in a half-complete state. As the next one will also be ;))

Adding temporary functionality at the point of sale just doubles down on that trend.

Last edited:
The whole Death of a Spaceman was the main reason I was more interested at first by SC than ED. I want to be tied to my character and have "real" constraints to be able to manage my equipment.
Not being able to fly your spaceship in a Dominator suit is a strong and great incentive to have a better ship. It's stupid that I can fly my Aurora in a Pembroke armor with a backpack. For me, the "one ship for all purpose" of ED is one of its weakness. If I need to go in places with high environment risk, I need to get a ship able to store one armor for high T°, one for low T°, one for High pressure. One ship for exploration, one ship for combat, one ship for mining, etc give real reasons to buy and fly multiple ships. Constraints and choices do gameplays.

heatsuit_yellow.webp

Yes, its understandable different people want different things from a game. I do giggle when i see the Michelin man suit, but it is quite cool in a way.

Oh talking of forgotten features for current purchases...

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JM7is_bb4Xg

Good lordy lol...

You will be able to hire normal NPC crew with credits you’ve earned in-game. The difference between a Game Character slot converted into a NPC crew member and a regular NPC crew member is that you can customize the Game Character NPC’s look, name and backstory. There is an additional bonus of being able to specify one of your Game Character NPC crewmembers as your successor in the event of your main characters death (See Death of a Spaceman), at which point the Game Character NPC will become playable again, with the assets of your deceased old character conveying.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDTiriIDBig&t=725s

Chris Roberts said:
If I have five different packages I could create five different characters, and I have a control of what the character looks like, which you don't have with just NPCs you going to hire out on the street. And you can name them and do whatever. So if you want to put your merry band of warriors together, the crew from the Serenity, then you know you could do that. Once you have them together you can play any one of those characters in one of your game session and the other three or four characters you can have as NPCs that could be crew on your ship.

Only 8 years since that comm link. Any day now ;)

Oh talking of forgotten features for current purchases...

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JM7is_bb4Xg

Good lordy lol...

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDTiriIDBig&t=725s

Only 8 years since that comm link. Any day now ;)

Om my, what if someone is multicrewing with their alt characters as NPCs. Do those alts also suffer death of a spaceman?

That could be a griefer's wet dream. Not just causing death of a spaceman for one character, but for multiple characters belonging to the same person.

The salt would be glorious.

I still think there is going to be a whole lot of salt anyway with DoaS. There already was with the first steps towards it. I know, i know, LA says its what he wants, but you can't ignore the fact that many people do get attached to their characters and won't want to lose them.

Hell, whenever i played ED with my NPCs i only ever did it in PG/solo because i didn't want to lose them. I spent ages looking for NPCs i liked and then getting one up to Elite rank. It was great news when FD added rebuy to them. Now if we could only get them sitting in the spare seats on our ships and play Barbie doll with them!

I still think there is going to be a whole lot of salt anyway with DoaS. There already was with the first steps towards it. I know, i know, LA says its what he wants, but you can't ignore the fact that many people do get attached to their characters and won't want to lose them.

Ach I'm fine with the principle of making death meaningful, and with the 'coming back as your own progeny' solution.

In classic CIG fashion though it's become a something of a bloated concept. There's all the medical staging to full death (which do seem profoundly unfun to me in most circumstances). Then there's the slightly silly 'DNA blending' tech they worked up for the character creation. Then there's just the slight silliness of potentially appearing as your own grandson within a few play sessions (when the whole idea seems to be to keep the old immersions intact ;))

And then there's just... the absurdity of trying to apply it to a live build where boxes kill you ;)

For some reason this has all reminded me of this old Scott Manly quote though (paywall):

And yeah I'd love nothing more than for some solid approximation of the game to be delivered so that we can blot out the sun with our Auroras, it would be glorious, the best ending for everyone.
Equally I would not be surprised if they burn through all their money and goodwill before delivering anything capable of realizing that, and I was prepared for that outcome the moment I saw it was a Chris Roberts game, given his past history of projects delivered on schedule.

I'm not a hater.

Anyway what's really stood out with this latest video is the number of straight up racist gently caressers who are mad that a game might make them play as a non-white dude. Literally citing the one single character model on the loadout screen as a sign that CIG are part of some SJW conspiracy to commit white genocide. (sorry, I deleted the really offensive comments) I'm relieved to see none of this insanity on the SC Forums Or Reddit, it's mostly people posting directly on my video on youtube.

The idea of racists being made to play as their own mixed race offspring is kinda hilarious ;)

Just to continue the blast-from-the-past theme, here are all the 10 topics from that 2015 TftC...

2:07 - Starting wars between the different races.
3:52 - Using tractor beams defensively.
4:27 - Flying while docked to another ship.
5:26 - NPCs reaction to weapons.
6:04 - Historical battles in Arena Commander.
7:31 - Direct X 12 plans.
10:22 - Drop pods for soldiers.
10:57 - Flying ships while limbs are damaged.
12:07 - Using characters as crewmen.
14:19 - Bounty Hunters and known associates.
19:38 - Sneak Peek

Back
Top Bottom