Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

Backers celebrated and lauded the idea, until it became clear that it wasn't happening and CIG would do something else, at which point backers celebrated and lauded the new idea.
Well… not all backers celebrated the design change. It just happen that the pvp crowd is louder, and judging by the comments they still are.

I hope the game gets a really healthy players base… it would be sad if CIG pulls a 180 on the new backers (like they did with old backers) and the game turns into New World levels of open world PvP

Last edited:
Watching DigThat and 3 other space aficionados adventuring in the Verse:
Sleek burn by Exigeous, seems they're having a good time getting scammed eh.

Watching DigThat and 3 other space aficionados adventuring in the Verse:
Sleek burn by Exigeous, seems they're having a good time getting scammed eh.
A good mix of fairly prominent space game content creators there...specifically but not exclusively for ED and SC of course... but creators who have covered both of those games to a lesser or greater extent over a period of years.

There were some interesting bits of conversation during that stream. I enjoyed listening to and watching it since it wasn't an opinionated, tribal showcase or hit piece for anything in particular...just four guys who love space games having a relaxed conversation on video :)

Last edited:
Possibly the best Star Citizen tag line ever! ;)
The self-parody jumped up a notch: The Vaporwear (sic) Enforcer Outfit. The emperor’s new clothes!

Attachments

• 9D743001-F19B-4CF9-BB1D-AEDA3506CD30.jpeg
    9D743001-F19B-4CF9-BB1D-AEDA3506CD30.jpeg
    661.3 KB · Views: 60
COLLECTING STATION/CITIES WASTE

What if we can be able to get contracts and get paid to collect waste in trash cans when they are full enough ; instead of coding an auto-emptying system
of bins ?

So, if you don't have any ship here, you can make money this way, cleaning Vestal bottles and other trashs to get enough money to rent a ship or pay someone for a lift.

By going further in this aspect, we may have 2 solutions :
  • Burn the waste in an incinerator or something like that (that can use your auto-purging system) then get paid, or
  • When you get enough "waste", you can make a SCU of all that waste then put it in your future hangar to sell it once cargo refactor arrive.

What do you think about that ? We need that kind of small jobs in the 'verse !

Garbage collector citizen!

Chris’s vision is finally coming together…

There are mechanics in place to make death more punishing.
In concept, I really like this, it would make the game more exciting.

In practice, I die too often to things outside of my control.
(Ship randomly exploding, pushed off the elevator by an invisible force, suddenly stuck in my ships hull at random)

The consequences are not enjoyable. The subscriber gear that is lost. Sniper rifles that I cannot purchase anywhere are lost.
The same goes for crimestat. The other night I got crimestat because my Pisces bumped into my own Carrack from inside it's own hangar.
And for plenty of other reasons, the sentence is a lengthy one.

The other night, I slowly watched my character go hungry and thirsty, while being unable to eat or drink the items from my inventory.
I felt punished for the game glitching out.

Just needs variable beard lengths now IMO

Back
Top Bottom