Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

They've put more valuable things in boxes that already had things in, that's about as low bar content adding as I have ever seen. Nearly every game I have ever played had lootable crates/boxes/chests, sometimes with valuable things in. That's hardly adding content, that's just adjusting drop rate and adding extra drops, something other games do all the time during special events.
It's not about more loot, it's about first lore loot in game.

Experiment successful!

Experiment continues...

Astounding isn't it? 10 years into development and they're experimenting with server populations just trying to fix a shower of bugs they've introduced. Can't wait for 3.18 when they experiment with peristence and server populations.

I wonder what else they can 'experiment' with whilst trying desperately to figure out how to fix what they've broken with this patch before marketing force them to shove it out to live still just as broken :whistle:

Last edited:
Astounding isn't it? 10 years into development and they're experimenting with server populations. Can't wait for 3.18 when they experiment with peristence and server populations.

I wonder what else they can 'experiment' with whilst trying desperately to figure out how to fix what they've broken with this patch :whistle:

The current top suggestion seems to be: 'Now turn off all the NPCs, they're useless anyway' ;)

But yeah. Who knew the 10th Anniversary reveal would be a single new solar system (wrapped up in a locked box called Evocati...) ...Which will probably be late ;)

So many things still to be turned on and off.

They've got startling experiments rammed up both sleeves. Years of magic tricks to come... And no small amount of poking dead rabbits in hats I suspect ;)

Last edited:
It's not about more loot, it's about first lore loot in game.

It's loot, they could have added that to the loot table any time, just because it was mentioned in the lore doesn't suddenly make it amazing new content, it's how loot boxes work in every game, I mean they could have put it in any time after the actual lootable boxes were put into the game, it's not amazing new content, far from it. Pushing it as amazing new content? Rather a huge step there!

As said before, if you want a gameplay session with few bugs, don't jump into wall. It's an alpha, the more you test its boundaries, the more you'll be killed. You will learn quickly how to avoid common bugs like do not walk on complex structure or don't jump on stairs.

"test its boundaries" - by jumping into a wall? What is wrong with these people?

Astounding isn't it? 10 years into development and they're experimenting with server populations just trying to fix a shower of bugs they've introduced. Can't wait for 3.18 when they experiment with peristence and server populations.

I wonder what else they can 'experiment' with whilst trying desperately to figure out how to fix what they've broken with this patch before marketing force them to shove it out to live still just as broken :whistle:

Can't wait for those player space battles with hundreds or thousands of players involved!

Love how backers are bargaining themselves down on the BDSSE.

This one caught my eye:

Please, removing NPC's won't even feel like a loss of immersion if we get twice the amount of players running about.

Twice as many players literally running around won't be immersion breaking? Because people running around is very immersive right? Whereas NPCs (driven by subsiblisumption) going about their lives are not immersive?

Pardon
It's loot, they could have added that to the loot table any time, just because it was mentioned in the lore doesn't suddenly make it amazing new content, it's how loot boxes work in every game, I mean they could have put it in any time after the actual lootable boxes were put into the game, it's not amazing new content, far from it. Pushing it as amazing new content? Rather a huge step there!
Ant has lost the plot. He could have made smug face with the server cap. Another bottle falls on his head and server meshing is already in.
Instead he celebrates some gonk stuff about lore loot.

Back
Top Bottom