Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

SC have provided to me a purchased product. I gave CIG 45€ and I played at least 200 hours on it. I am consuming each week a purchased product the same way I can with ED.

Explain me the exact difference if I play ED this night instead of SC ? There is something magic that 1 hour played in SC is abnormal but normal in ED ?

"easy route to spending $25K" You mean 2 or 3 org guys buying stuff among millions accounts ? You want to talk also how it's abnormal to pay $25K for a SuperBowl ticket ?

You can try to make it seem like the SC model is abnormal, it's not.

Are you absolutely sure you want to die on this hill?

"easy route to spending $25K" You mean 2 or 3 org guys buying stuff among millions accounts ? You want to talk also how it's abnormal to pay $25K for a SuperBowl ticket ?

Hot-take by LittleAnt: Star Citizen, the winner of MassivelyOP's annual Worst MMO Business Model award for five years running, thinks the game's funding model isn't abnormal.

SC have provided to me a purchased product. I gave CIG 45€ and I played at least 200 hours on it. I am consuming each week a purchased product the same way I can with ED.

Explain me the exact difference if I play ED this night instead of SC ? There is something magic that 1 hour played in SC is abnormal but normal in ED ?

Spends 20,000 hours defending a product he barely plays and is only willing to spend the bare minimum on.

That's so weird. But also weirdly familiar, so many of these guys who do this on various forums all claim to be minimum spenders, never post any videos or screenshots of themselves playing the game but spend thousands of hours defending it.

It's been 6 years since the PU started, that is almost 2200 days, 8760 hours of potential gameplay at 4 hours a day. You have played just over 2% of the possible amount of hours you could have put into this thing that you speak so highly of. Clearly not someone who puts their time or money where their mouth is! :LOL:

Last edited:
We know that many of you eagerly await the launch of Alpha 3.17.2, and we're happy to share that we're currently on track for a live release tomorrow.
With the release of Alpha 3.17.2, we plan to double the capacity of servers to 100 players per server
It is likely that we will run with a lower player cap (<100) during the Siege of Orison dynamic event, simply to account for initial gameplay balance/rewards being designed initially for a lower cap. However, Jumptown will likely have a 100 player cap per server enabled (so, get ready for mayhem).
we'll likely wipe again alongside the release of Alpha 3.18

MassivelyOP doing an internal team (10 guys) vote designating SC as a scam ?
Wow, what a surprise !
Let's see the first comment (must be one of the co-leader, the first 3 have more lines than the others). Ho, so strange ! CIG will sell NFT and Crypto in 2022 !!! What a totally unbiased opinion about CIG, even in the refund_reddit, they don't pretend it...

Andy McAdams: Star Citizen, crypto, Ashes of Creation. I have zero problems continuing to give worst business model to the game that continues to sell pipedreams to people without actually delivering anything, while still somehow managing to maintain a cult-like following of devotees. I fully expect Star Citizen will announce its first NFT-ship sale in 2022. Star Citizen scammery and crypto-nft scammery are like a match made in heaven. Definitely the worst business model.

Looks like something directly coming from the refund

Last edited:

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
SC have provided to me a purchased product.
Ok, so given the games referred to in the article you linked are probably released games, that would mean you are then one of those who think Star Citizen has already been released? Cool.

All we need now is to convince CIG to actually explicitly say it too, like yourself, and we are good to go for the same formal reviews, scores etc that the games you linked to have.

Last edited:
Ok, so given the games referred to in the article you linked are probably released games, that would mean you are then one of those who think Star Citizen has already been released? Cool.

All we need now is to convince CIG to actually explicitly say it too, like yourself, and we are good to go for the same formal reviews, scores etc that the games you linked to have.
SC is next gen quantum game. It is in quontum superposition. At same time it is fully released best computer game ever AND pre-alpha testing environment with placeholder mechanics. "Observation" collapses temporarily said superposition to one of those states.

SC is next gen quantum game. It is in quontum superposition. At same time it is fully released best computer game ever AND pre-alpha testing environment with placeholder mechanics. "Observation" collapses temporarily said superposition to one of those states.

Boffins are currently slowing down decoherence by transmitting 'two dimensions of time'.

Someone should really tell Chris.

He could blast out the Fibonacci sequence across the Manchester offices, prolonging the grift forever...

Last edited:
Wait, a big fan of the game criticising the awful funding model? Is that even allowed?! They should be banished from the community asap!

womanyellingcat-1573233850.jpg

having an abnormal addiction to SC is nothing different to having an abnormal addiction to GTA5, ED, Genshin Impact, W40K, postage stamp, etc
OMG, in order to have a monetizable abnormal addiction, that abnormal addiction needs to be monetized. And guest what, every company that designs their monetization system to specifically exploit that addiction to the maximum level of individual demand, is an abusive monstrosity. This is what the monetization of SC entails, assumes and exploits - addiction that let's them climb up the slope of each individual demand curve to its most inelastic segment.

But thanks for confirming that you understand what CI actually are and are fine with. And that you realize why optimizing income coming from the monetization system they designed can have exactly zero correlation with the fun factor derived from the game loops they (mis)implemented.

I have a product but it's not released. Because, you know, SC is still an alpha and the product is still in development!
Since when an alpha is a released game ?
But I understand your fear. CIG is making good progress recently. If you want bad reviews and scores, it needs to be done now. Next year reviews and scores could be too good 😋

Back
Top Bottom