Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

Ooof.... good job you don't say that sort of thing on Spectrum.... oh, right... hehe.
I get banished from there quite a lot for exactly the same thing...although not so much nowadays since everyone else including evocati are now having at it too :D

Oh yep so he did! There’s only room for one rockstar dreamer ;)

(Honestly I start to doze off when Tony starts freeforming, so I’m absolving myself off forgetting that ;))

Tony is another dreamer. A more likeable one, although less of the salesman. CR is a good salesman. If Clive Sinclair had CR on board a few decades ago we would all have been driving C5 believing we were driving Mercedes, except for those on the /r/c5_refunds sub who would be posting memes about CR and CS.

However, i'd like to propose Tony for President of Earth for Life, because he just seems like a chill guy who wouldn't really mess anything up by implementing silly things like policies. He'd probably be more concerned about the state of his rug....

the-big-lebowski-e1520362797168.jpg

Tony is another dreamer. A more likeable one, although less of the salesman. CR is a good salesman. If Clive Sinclair had CR on board a few decades ago we would all have been driving C5 believing we were driving Mercedes, except for those on the /r/c5_refunds sub who would be posting memes about CR and CS.

However, i'd like to propose Tony for President of Earth for Life, because he just seems like a chill guy who wouldn't really mess anything up by implementing silly things like policies. He'd probably be more concerned about the state of his rug....

the-big-lebowski-e1520362797168.jpg
That pic looks exactly like me a few minutes ago reading this forum :unsure:

yuUcP0M.jpg

Last edited:
You don't seem very informed about most of the stuff you described...considering you obviously play. Try popping into the test chat and reading how many folks are affected by all those game breaking issues you so blithely dismiss as occasional or not important.
I play it so I don't need to mainly rely on other people to see what's happening.
It's an alpha release so it's clear it can't be as stable as a gold release. Still you can play it and have fun for several hours like many other finished games.
Probably playing an alpha release is not for everyone. It requries maturity and patience because you have to take into considerations that may always happens.
The same maturity and patience that requires to talk about Star Citizen in this forum becaue tough critics are to be expected, and for some good reasons too.

For exemple I did some trading and I did not spend all the credits I had just because I'm aware of the issues I could have experienced. Some people would not accept this and I can understand, we're not all the same.
Anyway in the last week I put around 10 hours in the game and I only had a single server disconnect. The rest was smooth with some small issues but no game breaking.

The strongest point in my opinion (based on my play style) is the seamless transition from the bed in the hotel room to space. Everything happens in real time with no loading sequences nor transitions. And the best part for me is when you walk to your ship, you take a look around to see it and pretend making some inspection, then open the cargo door, get on board, walk through the corridor and sit in the cockpit. Take off and see the blue sky turning dark and unvealing the stars. This is what I've been waiting for in ED since 6 years.

The weakest point is instead that the developing time is taking ages without clear indication about the final release and it needs a more cohesive and deeper gameplay.

Last edited:
The strongest point in my opinion...is the seamless transition from the bed in the hotel room to space. Everything happens in real time with no loading sequences nor transitions.
Except for the transitions out of prison. Regarding "seamless", why can't players turn their ship in quantum? Or quantum to arbitrary locations? How much have you spent on SC? Why aren't there any planets or moons on the roadmap?

And FYI we can all see the game on Twitch 24/7. We're quite familiar with it.

I play it so I don't need to mainly rely on other people to see what's happening.
It's an alpha release so it's clear it can't be as stable as a gold release. Still you can play it and have fun for several hours like many other finished games.
Probably playing an alpha release is not for everyone. It requries maturity and patience because you have to take into considerations that poopoo may always happens.
The same maturity and patience that requires to talk about Star Citizen in this forum becaue tough critics are to be expected, and for some good reasons too.

For exemple I did some trading and I did not spend all the credits I had just because I'm aware of the issues I could have experienced. Some people would not accept this and I can understand, we're not all the same.
Anyway in the last week I put around 10 hours in the game and I only had a single server disconnect. The rest was smooth with some small issues but no game breaking.

The strongest point in my opinion (based on my play style) is the seamless transition from the bed in the hotel room to space. Everything happens in real time with no loading sequences nor transitions. And the best part for me is when you walk to your ship, you take a look around to see it and pretend making some inspection, then open the cargo door, get on board, walk through the corridor and sit in the cockpit. Take off and see the blue sky turning dark and unvealing the stars. This is what I've been waiting for in ED since 6 years.

The weakest point is instead that the developing time is taking ages without clear indication about the final release and it needs a more cohesive and deeper gameplay.

I believe the problem is that you are extrapolating your experience and projecting it onto the experience of others, while acknowledging that you don't actually pay attention to the experience of others.

This could mean if you have never experienced a crash, but every single other player gets constant crashes, you are saying nobody gets crashes. Which i think you would agree would be silly.

As for seamless transition from bed to to space.... yeah, its nice, but not exactly groundbreaking. In Ark i can get out of my bed, walk around my camp, get on a tamed Quetz, take off. Someone else can control it, while i'm in the back doing crafting. And i'm sure others can mention other games where similar experiences can be had.

even the official website doesn't mention Chris Roberts anymore that I can find
What the what?!?

Early parts of the campaign focusing on comms arrays and rest stops sounds completely riveting. Loads of things still at the concept phase. In 2020.
So basically what's already in and mostly working in the PU? No secret super advanced build that'll silence us haters all?

And i'm sure others can mention other games where similar experiences can be had.
So many of them in fact it would be pointless to list them again. Empyrion ? did i mention that one too ? I think i forgot about it (it's still in beta)

We dont either since most of us are backers. People like MoleHD here, or myself are trying regularly to get something out of that alpha.

Here comes the usual contradiction. Can SC be judged as a finished game and thus, compared to them (hint: that would not look good at all for SC..) or do we claim it's just a jumbled mess of an alpha thus we cannot compare or judge it ?

It requries maturity and patience because you have to take into considerations that poopoo may always happens.
(...)
Infantile quip. We are not children. We can manage ourselves pretty well without your help, thank you. Again, we do get in there regularly, having spent way too much money on that thing to start with, and that would be any amount over $0, given the product we have at the moment. Some of us are experienced space truckers even :) And yes we know about the rules and risks of space trading, especially in a game where server crashes happen every few minutes.

Good for you. I could describe my 10s of hours trying to milk some "fun" out of this product, but who cares. Most of it is boring repetition of staring at the same commute.

it needs a more cohesive and deeper gameplay.
Fixed that for you.

Probably playing an alpha release is not for everyone. It requries maturity and patience because you have to take into considerations that poopoo may always happens.

You're preaching to the choir here mate....I've been around SC for a few years like some others on here, trucked a few millions of aUEC worth of cargo with my Caterpillar during that time...mined a gazillion tons of rocks in a Prospector or Mole too.

None of which escapes the fact that making patronising remarks suggesting that no-one here but you understands Star Citizen game development won't do you any favours. Some of us typing on this forum (Surefoot and I are both long time concierge level backers) have seen, listened to and experienced all the broken promises from Ci¬G, all the missed deadlines and utterly chaotic development for years...not just a handful of hours. We all started out enthusiastic and wide eyed at one point...but some of us woke up.

Screenie from 2016 during alpha 2.63...waiting for Star Citizen development to show face....

XBSfPHN.png

Screenie from 2020 during alpha 3.9.1... still waiting for Star Citizen development to show face...

HeOSCQx.png

Last edited:
Apparently the bartender is with Evocati - "You literally gotta wait in line at the bar, just like real life lmao "

A queuing simulator. Seriously!? Why not go the whole hog and enfore 2 metre distancing rules too... 'lmao'...

I predict that by the third time of queuing everyone is going to to wanting it gone - but then I could be wrong as people seem okay with the bunk-to-ship mechanic.

IMHO all mission givers need to act like Polo and Nada do in NMS, whereby any number of people can interact with them at the same time.

CIG looking for a lead producer who has shipped at least 2 games.

This seems odd to me, doubly so with the senior-level absences being reported.

I can't see anyone who has held this role wanting to be over-ruled on many issues. Else they will not be able to do their job. Alas the job as 'described' sounds like a go-between-lacky-whipping-dog for the 'management team'.

As for "Provide the heartbeat of the project..." whoever wrote that (along with much else of the management speak babble) needs to spend time on the naughty step.

Actually some of the corporate babble is interesting from what can be inferred, e.g. "Foster healthy team relationships and a culture of success"

Chris & Sandi are no longer active on twitter and even the official website doesn't mention Chris Roberts anymore that I can find

Anyone up for asking on Spectrum? (You may wish to use a burner account...)

I think everyone is just so relieved they've gone, they're just keeping it quiet in case they come back ;)

Harsh but true. This news brings this to mind...

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzLT6_TQmq8

or

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQiOA7euaYA

Take your pick.

You're preaching to the choir here mate....I've been around SC for a few years like some others on here, trucked a few millions of aUEC worth of cargo with my Caterpillar during that time...mined a gazillion tons of rocks in a Prospector or Mole too.
That's not my point to defend CGI. My discussion I think was taken from another thread that started talking about VR.
The point was actually that SC has technology that for some reasons FDEV still struggles to add into ED like seamless transitions, multiplayer/multicrew, multiple terrain vehicles, planetary mining and so on.
Another example, SC has walking inside the ships since ever and FDEV still don't confirm if it will be available for Odyssey. It's kinda disappointing...

Top Bottom