Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

Oh hey, that other totally playable game has an interesting tidbit in their recent update:

"I need to get a mesh of spatial partitioning services working together, distributed across multiple processes, to do that. For that, I first need to finish the ServiceHost and put a new server networking & message layer in place. Ideally, these will also be demonstrated next month, with the visualizer showing support for entities and spatial partitions spread across multiple processes."

Oh hey, that other totally playable game has an interesting tidbit in their recent update:

"I need to get a mesh of spatial partitioning services working together, distributed across multiple processes, to do that. For that, I first need to finish the ServiceHost and put a new server networking & message layer in place. Ideally, these will also be demonstrated next month, with the visualizer showing support for entities and spatial partitions spread across multiple processes."

Is the guy subscribed to the CIG SC monthly updates newsletter?
Or did they subcontracted the same Generative AI Bot?

Or, in 2012 you pay a thousand pounds for a concept art of a motorbike with a promise it will be delivered at some point as your money fill contribute to the development of a new, advanced motorbike factory and theme park to ride the bike in.

In order for things not to get stale, you are promised delivery would happen around 2015.

In 2023, the theme park is 1/100 of the promised size while being broken to the point of its elevator killing its guests on a regular basis. The factory, however, has managed to deliver many other motorbike concepts in the meantime, raking in huge amounts of money. It is expanding like a real estate bubble, people are cheering and buying motorbike packs for tens of thousands of pounds. The family owning the factory earns millions per year, enjoying their dream of affluence and mingling with movie stars starring in motorbike ads that presumably are part of the elaborate lore of the world of Motorbike Rider.

Your motorbike is still nothing more than concept art, though.
Sounds just like Harley Davidson :whistle:

I bought one bike from a dealership back in 1998...and they've sent me emails full of jpegs every month since then trying to sell me another one :rolleyes:

One thing I learned about Harley Davidson pretty quickly is that apart from a lifetime membership to HOG (Harley Owners Group), all you get by the way of freebies for buying a brand new bike is a rubber keyring...then they expect you pay $60 for a $10 T-shirt.

When asked by the lovely sales lady at the dealership if I'd be interested in some exclusive Harley Davidson men's perfume...I replied that the indelible smell of engine oil, petrol and WD-40 that has permeated my skin and 20 year old Wrangler jeans and T-shirt from decades of riding and fixing motorbikes would do just fine...

Men's cologne on a motorbike...now let me think... Maybe if they invented a solution that stops dead flies sticking to your face?..

KEUINrD.gif

Last edited:
Sounds just like Harley Davidson :whistle:

I bought one bike from a dealership back in 1998...and they've sent me emails full of jpegs every month since then trying to sell me another one :rolleyes:
To be fair, Harley actually will sell you the whole motorcycle, and it will look like the motorcycle you were promised, it will even start and run down the road. The bells and whistles and farkles will all work. You will just overpay for it.

Back
Top Bottom