Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

CIG anti-bribery/corruption training question #37

Erin is in Shanghai on business. A Japanese business man wants to work with CIG and sends diamonds to Erin's hotel room. Should Erin?

a) accept the gift
b) decline the gift
c) provide the potential client with a referral code in the hope of assimilating his network of Japanese based potentially high value backers that pay in diamonds.

Molyneux made $50M+ on virtual land for a game that doesn't exist, Chris's unimplemented virtual land claim deeds pale in comparison. He still has much to learn about game development.
Wait, you're telling me selling virtual land wasn't never been done before?
CIG anti-bribery/corruption training question #37

Erin is in Shanghai on business. A Japanese business man wants to work with CIG and sends diamonds to Erin's hotel room. Should Erin?

a) accept the gift
b) decline the gift
c) provide the potential client with a referral code in the hope of assimilating his network of Japanese based potentially high value backers that pay in diamonds.
Typical communist party propaganda, it has to be a Japanese businessman to bribe people and on Chinese soil at that!!

Isn't that Tony Z guy good at maths? He's always banging on about quantum this and quantum that. Been doing so for years.

I'm sure he could whip up some maths for the orbital mechanics and having it run on a PC in the office in a matter of days!
Pah, subsim.com taught me how to determine intercept course with map, ruler and angle tool. No math required. I forgot how it works though - so I eyeball it with ruler and compass. Should work in 3D, too. I mean submarines are basically already 3D combat units.

Wait, you're telling me selling virtual land wasn't never been done before?

Typical communist party propaganda, it has to be a Japanese businessman to bribe people and on Chinese soil at that!!

Apparently, Japan has a culture of giving gifts during normal business - hence there's a Japanese dude in China and he wants to set up a dedicated Japanese branch of CIG or something - dunno..hey it's probably happening RIGHT NOW in a hotel room in Shanghai.

As I go from contract to contract I find myself frequently doing those training slides/exams for various companies that I only work for a few months. I find it easier to answer the question if I just use CIG as the template for corruption. Basically any question that features anything that CIG appear to do is typically the correct "This is what a corrupt organisation does" answer eg: having lots of shell companies, hiring members of family, products that don't match description, misrepresentation, misinformation that kind of thing.

I like the wear patina on the hull, not sure about the glass, that can get so bad you can't see through it, tho it depends on the ship, some of the older ships are worse than newer ones.

VvMB4XD.jpg

chQYI33.jpg

zIkRqRI.jpg

That's pretty cool actually.

Salvaging is hull striping, you use a ship like the Drake Vulture or Agies Reclaimer to strip the outer hull off ships, that converts in to a sellable commodity, the hand tool can do this too but is more intended for repairing a battle damaged hull, temporary repair. A patch up.

Example of hull stripping. This is an Idris we downed, we went back to it later with my Corsair and a Drake Vulture to salvage the hull, the Vulture has a box dispenser with salvaged material, you take those boxes and sell them.

Later they will add ship munching, the salvage ship literally eats the wreckage and turns it in to a sellable commodity.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYy-7tuKTmQ

Last edited:
Larger scales do not mean increased travel times. If the engine is properly done, designers can simply increase traversal speeds to match those larger scales and thus maintaining times as low, or as high, as they see fit for their game. Designers have full control (assuming the engine is good enough to cope with large scale, which does not seem to be the case for SC). Conversely, smaller scales do not mean reduced traversal times either, especially if we are still talking thousands, hundreds of thousands or millions of Km. It all depends on traversal speeds. Designers still need to up their traversal speeds enough to make times be reasonable for their game.

But their game design was to ensure quantum travel is subluminal. A quick search gives, "Currently, ships in quantum can travel at speeds up to 0.2c, or 20% of the speed of light, when travelling long distance. Shorter journeys do not approach 0.2c."

Therefore they had to make distances 1/6 normal, otherwise the travel times would be far too long. Either that, or travel speeds would need to be faster than light. So it's all in the game design. And presumably they wanted the 0.2c limit to avoid relativistic effects like time dilation? (I'm reaching here, because let's face it, their game design is so far from reality, why would they care about relativity? ED doesn't.)

Anyway, just add this post to the many other strange game design decisions made by CIG. :)

But their game design was to ensure quantum travel is subluminal. A quick search gives, "Currently, ships in quantum can travel at speeds up to 0.2c, or 20% of the speed of light, when travelling long distance. Shorter journeys do not approach 0.2c."

Therefore they had to make distances 1/6 normal, otherwise the travel times would be far too long. Either that, or travel speeds would need to be faster than light. So it's all in the game design. And presumably they wanted the 0.2c limit to avoid relativistic effects like time dilation? (I'm reaching here, because let's face it, their game design is so far from reality, why would they care about relativity? ED doesn't.)

Anyway, just add this post to the many other strange game design decisions made by CIG. :)

They could still do bigger distances and not break the subluminal part, right up to 0.999999 speed of light ;)

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
I like the wear patina on the hull, not sure about the glass, that can get so bad you can't see through it, tho it depends on the ship, some of the older ships are worse than newer ones.

VvMB4XD.jpg

chQYI33.jpg

zIkRqRI.jpg

Salvaging is hull striping, you use a ship like the Drake Vulture or Agies Reclaimer to strip the outer hull off ships, that converts in to a sellable commodity, the hand tool can do this too but is more intended for repairing a battle damaged hull, temporary repair. A patch up.

Example of hull stripping. This is an Idris we downed, we went back to it later with my Corsair and a Drake Vulture to salvage the hull, the Vulture has a box dispenser with salvaged material, you take those boxes and sell them.

Later they will add ship munching, the salvage ship literally eats the wreckage and turns it in to a sellable commodity.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYy-7tuKTmQ

What I immediately like about this, that it is not symmetrical like in Elite. I always thought it is very cheesy and lazy to do it that way (just mirror the wear and teat on both sides of the ship, very unrealistic, even ridiculous tbh).

Back
Top Bottom