Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
Too bad I can't see the total amount hours played. For now I think the game cost me around 11 cent of euros by hour played. Next year it will certainly be less than 9 cent by hour. Really good investment for my playtime 👍
This also has very good investment for playtime, even better than SC, and many that play it have more fun than with many other games too!:

Boys_with_hoops_on_Chesnut_Street.jpg

This also has very good investment for playtime, even better than SC, and many that play it have more fun than with many other games too!:

Boys_with_hoops_on_Chesnut_Street.jpg

I have an ungodly number of hours in Minesweeper from back in the day when i worked as a sysadmin and we were very restricted on what we could install on the computer.

Fortunately a bit later we got a new boss, a null modem cable (purchased on company budget... for reasons), and were able to play Dune 2 back to back!

We were more or less the only people with PCs at all, except upper management. Everyone else was restricted to VT220s.

Nothing wrong with that! Keeps the data in it's place, work flowing, and the iron well away from sticky fingers.

There is a very good reason why Z/OS and OS/400 are still heavily in live production environments today. And IBM can buffoon off with the iSystems nonsense. It's an AS/400 no matter what Power sticker you slap on it.

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
I've just realised something.

You know how it says "Persistent Universe" in the main menu? Well, it's neither "Universe" (by any stretch of imagination), nor is it "Persistent" (because they keep wiping it every other patch) 🤣🤣🤣

What do you think they should change this option's name to?

Last edited:
The “PU” makes me think of a sorta pre-Copernicus geocentric Universe with the non-orbiting planets being all there is and all stars just being dots on the curtain of night, along with a fairly uncertain continuance of in-game progress - but Fairly Uncertain Continued Data, Universe: Pre-Copernicus, One Neighbourhood doesn’t really roll off the tongue.

I’m only interested in Sq42 anyway, I enjoyed the prequel - CoD Infinite Warfare 😁

So exciting! Boredgamer tells us how there won't be a health pool for ships etc, but each component could fail or get damaged, and would need to be repaired, oh the excitement of running around while being griefed fixing component A, for griefer to knock out component B for the lolz.

Amazing. Immersive.

I can't think of anything worse. Sounds like an absolute nightmare that will cause untold salt and drive players away, even if they think it sounds great now.

(I didn't listen to Boredgamer, I switched on auto subtitles. "clown imperium" hahahaha)

Back
Top Bottom