Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

No matter how much rearpulls they make: they havent found jesustech. And should there indeed be a jesustech it wont be Robbers to find it.
Let's wait another 10 years - with jesus zhere is always hope.
This is what I think CIG & Theranos actually have in common. They both were/are (being very fair) legitimately working towards something on a gamble/promise that as they were developing it the tech needed to make it happen would reveal itself along the way and would make the initial unsupported claim true in the end. The deception being selling the product as 100% possible rather than 100% probable possibly maybe but we're sure it will work out in the end. Then, in CIG's case, reinforcing that statement with fake demos/vertical slices that don't work in the greater context of the final product they were selling to backers. Of course, Theranos being in the medical field made that situation far more serious than a video game company, but the net effect of taking people's money without knowing that they can actually deliver the product as sold, in my opinion, reaches the level of financial fraud, as no-one who put money into this was told "we're not sure we can actually deliver this" as far as I'm aware.

This is what I think CIG & Theranos actually have in common. They both were/are (being very fair) legitimately working towards something on a gamble/promise that as they were developing it the tech needed to make it happen would reveal itself along the way and would make the initial unsupported claim true in the end. The deception being selling the product as 100% possible rather than 100% probable possibly maybe but we're sure it will work out in the end. Then, in CIG's case, reinforcing that statement with fake demos/vertical slices that don't work in the greater context of the final product they were selling to backers. Of course, Theranos being in the medical field made that situation far more serious than a video game company, but the net effect of taking people's money without knowing that they can actually deliver the product as sold, in my opinion, reaches the level of financial fraud.
There is never ligitimately working on something that is technically, physically and sensibly impossible. Theranos was impossible. And SC was also.

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
That's actually a very cool system, one of the things I really like about SC.

Elite was supposed to have something similar. All we have though is some parts of Anaconda bend when it's badly damaged. That's it.
There are no graphical visualitation for module damage in Elite but the modules are all individually modelled for projectile / beam trajectory, penetration and actual damage to the specific module, and there are quite a few in each ship. Long time ago I believe it was Mark Allen who did an excellent in depth dev post on the subject:

ED-ships-modules-damage-and-defense.jpg

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
There are no graphical visualitation for module damage in Elite but the modules are all individually modelled for projectile / beam trajectory, penetration and actual damage to the specific module, and there are quite a few in each ship. Long time ago I believe it was Mark Allen who did an excellent in depth dev post on the subject:

ED-ships-modules-damage-and-defense.jpg
I know that. But in this case we're talking about visual damage model here, not internal modules damage model.

Back
Top Bottom