Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

I actually liked the Wing Commander series. Heck, I even enjoyed the movie!

Same here... though the "don't speak, because we're being stealthy in space, and they'll hear us" scene from the movie made me cringe. It's why I backed Star Citizen in the last few days of the Kickstarter, after being recommended by Kickstarter after backing Elite Dangerous. My thoughts at the time were: ED is barely started, and won't reach FE2 levels until after at least one expansion. Chris Roberts said that he's done the difficult work of creating the underlying game engine for SC already, and all that remains is the expensive but easy phase of creating content, so it'll give me something to play while I wait for ED to mature.

Oh, the irony!

Why would you even be here if you hate all the preceding titles on which Star Citizen is supposedly based on?
I'm just here for the meta-game these days. I used to be here for the game itself, but then the Crytek lawsuit revealed just how much Chris Roberts lied in his Kickstarter pitch, and I found out about the Hollywood Accounting Shell Company Shuffle that CR has created to siphon money from this project into the pockets of his family and good friend Ortwin.

I'm also the type of person who enjoys "behind the scenes" information presented in directors commentary, "makings of" videos, and other ways of communicating information to people who are fascinated by how one makes media in the first place. Analyzing the ways this project has gone wrong is a fascinating look at how not to make video games.

Plus the kibitzing is extremely entertaining.

Yeah it doesn't help that Howard keeps pushing this '25 years in the making' PR. But it's clearly not the same as 'They've been making Starfield for 25 years'. Meme will doubtless run and run though. :rolleyes:
It isn't even a good sales argument from "Mr 16 times the detail". I understand you'd finally be proud to have done the thing you always wanted to, but it doesn't sell any copy.
That too is deliberate PR by Todd: knowing that Star Citizen crazies will constantly misrepresent the statement -> regular, indirect marketing of Starfield to the SC community, by members of the SC community.

Yeah it doesn't help that Howard keeps pushing this '25 years in the making' PR. But it's clearly not the same as 'They've been making Starfield for 25 years'. Meme will doubtless run and run though. :rolleyes:

Yep, there are many things that are decades and much more in the making, freeways often have land reserved 20 or 30 years in advance for instance, not because they are building it, but because they know if they don't reserve the land now it won't be available when they actually want to start building the freeway, so arguably the freeway was, "in the making" from the moment the land was reserved, but not actually being made. It's a common tactic unfortunately to deliberately misinterpret the meaning behind a phrase even when that meaning should be clear to everyone.

Who's ready for fun!

image.png

Strange they aren't listed as an exhibitor here:

The continuing saga of actual trade shows CIG appear at without appearing at, with no actual game "release" to promote....to be continued, forever.

Last edited:
Strange they aren't listed as an exhibitor here:

The continuing saga of actual trade shows CIG appear at without appearing at, with no actual game "release" to promote....to be continued, forever.
Well, their presence "at Gamescom" is like their game releases.

Back
Top Bottom