Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

These are clearly issues that cannot be tested properly without more players - ship it to the PU!

Ironically it's so fragile they've limited access...

no they closed the ptu for people who haven't uploaded yet to cut down on the 190000 error codes from to many people jumping in
Unable to access PTU after ability to copy to PTU has been removed.
Can they at least open the testing again so we can copy our characters over and play it?

A closed Open PTU. CIG's latest creation ;)

Last edited:
Trip report...

Here are the persistent bugs since I started testing as of wave 3:
The actual status can't be a released to LIVE. Too many bugs still here even with the latest patch hours ago.
Just to name few, here are the persistent bugs I have since wave 3, making the game unreliable for a LIVE release.
  • Cargo : if you buy and sell, the next time you want to buy cargo the terminal tell u that ur ship is full then you cant buy anymore. Only solution is to reclaim the ship.
  • Gears : if you double click on a type of gear that you already wear and want to change it, it just disappears in the void from ur inventory.
  • RMC : tried to buy at Dunboro, you cant buy anything as ur ships is not recognized. Anyway you cant buy anything at the 3 locations where you can get RMC.
  • Just did a 10 fps server lvl 1 bunker mission and the nine tails react lots more aggressively in 3.23, thus overkill. Even with a silencer in my FS9 they all come to me no matter what. I had to stay in the entrance and crawl in order to complete the basic "defend occupants" mission on NB.
I am level 4 on all planets in 3.22.1, was maxed out before 3.20, thus i have thousands of bunkers done. IMO level 2 or higher bunkers wont be doable without a team mate. Solo will be very very difficult. Just my 2 cents.

When u r injured things goes weird, you are completely f* up. Even with a tier 1 injury on right hand I couldn't get in my ship via the ladder, fortunately I had a Titan and got in via the back. My right arm was hurt, not my leg, but I couldnt walk, thats weird !!!
When stunned, the nine tails continue to shoot on you till you are dead. Thus calling for rescue is impossible.
Rescue mission in 3.23 is dead ?

With the price of ship tripled and the payment for bunkers missions for example reduced by 33% ( 10K instead of 15K for lvl 1 bunker). Grinding money will be a hell. not mentioning salvage with the Reclaimer : construction mat has dropped from 6090 auec to ~1300 auec and the pay is only 30K instead of 250K for fracturing.
  • taking off and landing is peril : invisible objects will blow ur ships in several location.
  • dlss/fsr : With this activated the shop consoles are black ( 1080p upscale), only the CIG upscale works but very pool quality & perf compared to dlss.
  • Looting with 1 scu box in bunkers: you cannot drag anything in the box after you add a 1 st item. Thus useless to go looting in bunkers with a box.
Looting corps is nearly impossible if you move them inside ur ship with the multitools, they disappear. You need to loot each individual armor piece then move then in the ship using the multitools.
Thus even with the 30 mins grace period you cant event do halt the loot you could do in 3.21.

• FPS weapons : you can only have 2 fps weapons instead of 3 previously. You can only hoslter/equip max 2 weapons compare to the previous 3 = 2 holstered + 1 equiped.
  • Star map: search bugs out after the 1st use of the search engine. You cant even get out of that map screen. You need to switch to a different menu
the F1 to get out. Then you cant search a new destination again till you log off/in.
  • oxygen issue till persisting
  • Grimhex, armistice zone is inactiive, you can be shot even in the hanger by an enemy ship.
  • and many more ...

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
Trip report...

"The actual status can't be a released to LIVE. Too many bugs still here even with the latest patch hours ago."
Oh, my sweet, sweet summer child.

Here comes your regular reminder that CIG does not give a monkey´s rear about delivering a broken product and will likely not fix most of the game breaking issues we see:

min 09:10
Source: https://youtu.be/5aKLh18TPpE?t=550

"... you tend to focus on Class A crashing bugs as your priority. You know you can't let a game go out that's going to crash... but what we found of course is the players who are actually actively playing your game they can live with a lot of those stability issues if they know that fly here, click that button, do this thing crashes, well they just won't do it, they'll just avoid that"

- Carl Jones, COO of Cloud Imperium Games

Last edited:
"... you tend to focus on Class A crashing bugs as your priority. You know you can't let a game go out that's going to crash... but what we found of course is the players who are actually actively playing your game they can live with a lot of those stability issues if they know that fly here, click that button, do this thing crashes, well they just won't do it, they'll just avoid that"

Yeah, they had to at least address the 'go anywhere, do anything, crash...' issue.

To get back to this baseline ;)

Did I just stab myself? Ouch.​

Oh, my sweet, sweet summer child.

Here comes your regular reminder that CIG does not give a monkey´s rear about delivering a broken product and will likely not fix most of the game breaking issues we see:

min 09:10
Source: https://youtu.be/5aKLh18TPpE?t=550

The cope is strong with him.

Remember the $220 Ion? The ship with the giant asymmetric gun on one side that one-shot opponents at launch?

Its slow lore nerfing continues...

ION has been nerfed once more?​

ION has been nerfed to be a charge shot, but it was killing a fighter in one fully charged shot. But now a fully charged shot takes 3 shots to kill a vulture, and 2 shots to kill a cutter. It also takes two shots to kill a 85X lol. Now it is completelly useless. Thanks CIG.

Summit seems to have spent most of his latest session in prison...

(He fell through the stairs at the end of of the escape, got 30ked and sent back to the start, sniped while leaving on a ship, etc etc)

Meanwhile, the true pioneers are still testing the PTU...

Summit seems to have spent most of his latest session in prison...

(He fell through the stairs at the end of of the escape, got 30ked and sent back to the start, sniped while leaving on a ship, etc etc)

Meanwhile, the true pioneers are still testing the PTU...

Play for hours - get nowhere. Kinda the ED experience. Just a bit different, lol.

The FanCon in Belgium is on Friday and Saturday. Maybe devs could do a live hotfixing panel.

All I know is: both fans and devs are gonna need a beer ;)

Coz I reckon this current PTU is stable enough to go live before the weekend. And then break horribly once it's there ;)

(All the RL queuing delays are everywhere, but not totally game-breaking at these loads. Would be super surprised if the PU rush doesn't pulverise them tho...)

Last edited:
This seems sub-ideal...

AI guy Zac said:
Hopefully moving forward I can get in early enough to help shape the level design to have environments that are more suited to FPS combat as the hard part of the PU is balancing out it's realistic environments with more combat focused sections

Sounds like they've got the AI archetypes half-working now (dopey NPCs hold snipers etc ;)). But locations from the last decade aren't really built for them :unsure:

Top Bottom