Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

I'd say look at the other games Frontier released for clues to what they could incorporate into Elite via Cobra. I would imagine the biggest beneficiary to Elite with that money would be the investment into the Cobra engine directly, maybe raytracing etc??
Missions chains. Story campaigns. Unique NPCs. Lots of voiced characters. Base building. Development focus on the game's strengths. Investment into what the playerbase asks for. Homebase customisation packs.
Coincidentally, also what Star Citizen is missing.

Think the game is a scam or just a poorly organised mess which will ultimately come out albeit late and after wasting money and with cut features.... I get either of those positions.
but actually revelling in the disappointment of others if a game they have been invested in, be it financially or emotionally fails I just do not get....

Mind you that isnt a trait limited to these forums or this game, hell i remember reading about people absolutely loving the mess that was Oddy at launch. I didnt get that either. Thankfully that was eventually somewhat fixed.
As someone who backed SC&Sq42 during the 2012 Kickstarter I am absolutely entitled to laugh at what the project's become.
And if anyone tries to say I can't or shouldn't? Well I'll laugh at them too, weirdos.

As someone who backed SC&Sq42 during the 2012 Kickstarter I am absolutely entitled to laugh at what the project's become.
And if anyone tries to say I can't or shouldn't? Well I'll laugh at them too, weirdos.

Yeah but didn't you just make bank recently you dirty refundian? ;)

And now you dance around those still trapped in Chrissy's prison! For shame!

We should all buy a Polaris to make up for this.

Last edited:
Yeah but you didn't you just make bank recently you dirty refundian? ;)

And now you dance around those still trapped in Chrissy's prison! For shame!

We should all buy a Polaris to make up for this.
Never thought I'd fancy a Polaris since I don't really do the capital ships...but the CCU game being the way it is and with it supposedly being released to flyable later this year, I dropped another $15 into Chrissie's piggy bank to replace a permanent jpeg (Odyssey) :whistle:

Last edited:
I dropped another $15 into Chrissie's piggy bank

200w.gif

Something is very wrong somewhere, and ultimately people do need to take some responsibilty for what they spend their cash on. hell i spent way less than £300 on elite dangerous over the 1st few years of its existence........... it was money that i could afford to lose............. and yet despite that looking back i was a mug.

Absolutely not. If you can afford it, and it is not hurting someone else, spend your money on what makes you happy.

I have season tickets to the local american football team, which is in itself a giant waste of money and this is how much i spent on beer or one game.

c62VM8t.png

Giant waste of money, but i had a blast.

Games are not 1:1 recreations of real life with no cuts to black.
From a movie director-wanabee, it sure is comical... Chris Roberts is to the gaming industry what Chris Roberts is for cinema.
Easy to replicate the "Chris Roberts plays Star Citizen" video but in front of an editing table, or the "Chris discovers momentum with Garriott" but with Ed Wood explaining ellipsis to the Perfectionist.

Last edited:
Absolutely not. If you can afford it, and it is not hurting someone else, spend your money on what makes you happy.

I have season tickets to the local american football team, which is in itself a giant waste of money and this is how much i spent on beer or one game.

c62VM8t.png

To really make the parallel with SC, you'd have to suffer from e-coli the days after. So no, not really the same waste :)

c62VM8t.png

lol true enough... you cant take it with you when you die!. I keep having to tell myself that everytime the wife comes into my office and says......................... "Ive been thinking.........!" :D

I'm still bemused at the irony that Elite Dangerous became the game I've played, for over ten years now, while I waited for Star Citizen to mature, when it was supposed the other way around. Not to mention all the other released games that actually do what Star Citizen claims it will do, some time in the distant future, and then some. Most of these games also went through Early Release, started development after SC's Kickstarter, and have been released for years.

Star Citizen has a "cart before the horse" development cycle, which includes not only gameplay, but level and ship design. But as long as the money keeps rolling in...

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tpvxsJAZPk&ab_channel=MadonnaHistory

.... Maybe their scope is too great, i mean, freelancer was a decent game in the end but if a major publisher had not stepped in and cut it to size maybe that would never had launched either.

but i guess i just like that they are pushing the envelope.
This really is at the heart of the matter and was the principal reason that I've not invested a penny. Chris Roberts was removed by Microsoft and only then, some considerable time later, a decent game arrived. Up until that point Freelancer resembled the cluster mess that is SC.

For contect the stretch goal of 110 star system looks to be, by simple maths, over 500 years away.

Buy an Idris....

so given the lack of faith in the project here, then, i am guessing no one is expecting a release window to be announced for Squadron 42 this citizencon then?

i wont say i am confident, but i am kind of hoping for one... nothing set in stone but something along the lines of Q3 2025 (which then allows a bit of slippage but still out in time for holiday season 2025.)

Back
Top Bottom