Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

Have you considered looking around at other games that offer the same without any of the brokenness?
I haven’t found anything myself that came close for me to offer what I like in a game. I do play some racing sims every now and then, but that’s another genre. Space games, nope, SC is the most fun for me.

Experiencing things is very subjective, you might call it irrational even.
How people react to Star Citizen is no exception.
The big picture can be broken, but that doesn't need to bother everyone, especially if they find some details or parts about it alluring.

lol

• I like the SC experience
  • And what is that experience?
  • The SC experience
What can I say, I love the whole experience. Give me one game that does this. Chill out in a city, walk around, get in your ship, if you want to chill, fly around in that seamless environment, you want to go harder, go bounty hunt or or something, team up, planned or unplanned but all from that first person perspective. For what it’s worth, I’m one of those silly guys that walks in game and not run around like a lunatic. It hits all the spots for me, I’m sorry if you can’t comprehend this feeling.

What can I say, I love the whole experience. Give me one game that does this. Chill out in a city, walk around, get in your ship, if you want to chill, fly around in that seamless environment, you want to go harder, go bounty hunt or or something, team up, planned or unplanned but all from that first person perspective. For what it’s worth, I’m one of those silly guys that walks in game and not run around like a lunatic. It hits all the spots for me, I’m sorry if you can’t comprehend this feeling.
You're gonna love Cyberpunk 2077 - it has a full city to explore as opposed to a tiny landing district.

You're gonna love Cyberpunk 2077 - it has a full city to explore as opposed to a tiny landing district.
Oh yes, I know, funny thing about those cdpr games is, I have a few friends that will be level 25 or 50 or whatever in no time while I’m still chilling around with a lvl 8 or so character for the same play time. Love it though 😁

Tried it, doesn’t work for me, at all.
I'm afraid you haven't quite identified what it is you like so much about SC, then. It's trivial to figure out games that fulfil your criteria, but those criteria don't work to properly distinguish what you like from what you don't. So keep refining.

A common and popular tool that might help you is the MDA framework.

It's perfectly fine to enjoy an experience for just experiencing it, even if you don't know why. Things are sold that provide much less. As before, if you enjoy it, great, keep funding.

When the thing you enjoy is a 315M dollar funded game and counting, though, still in pre-alpha almost 9 years later, relying on continued pre-sales to keep providing you with said experience? Yeah, people might comment, possibly even negatively, on said game. Shocking, I know.

Back
Top Bottom