Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

600+, a habit to get rid (with damage) of contractors, yet needs to commission the building of its verse to a web agency. Though, credits where it's due, Tubulent seems to be the only one able to deliver something robust enough in CIG's ecosystem.

Tom Cruise makes surprisingly good films along with all the sucky ones. His Mission Impossible series is pretty much trash IMO but the occasional novel movies like Oblivian, Jack reacher or Edge of Tomorrow are pretty good ones if not really outstanding at least the plot is enjoyable
Unsurprisingly, my favourite Tom Cruise movie...as well as being one of my all time favourite movies... is The last Samurai. Not because Tom Cruise starred in it but more the fact that some very good Japanese actors did :)

Image of BulletTrev entering the thread.

fc6c1ab3d8b5e49458eec1ecf80f268a.jpg
If I were any of these dogs, I'd be hoping one of the other idiots would be the one stupid enough to go chase a cat that isn't even slightly perturbed ;)

I've had to cover a couple of vet bills for people with dogs stupid enough to go barking at my cats or Ming the Merciless...being farm cats, they're not the running away type...Unlike those 2 monsters though, the other one, Bonsai, will tolerate strange dogs as long as they remain civil.

pMun4oz.jpg

...and Ming the Merciless

0RtN9x4.jpg

Last edited:

Not sure if people have seen this.

In short, Disney claim they only bought the rights to ADF's Star Wars works, not the obligations.

Now i await Turbulent buying the rights to SC, but not the obligations, while CR rides off into the sunset with a fat wallet to go and make films involving anthroporphic cats and tropes.

If I were any of these dogs, I'd be hoping one of the other idiots would be the one stupid enough to go chase a cat that isn't even slightly perturbed ;)

I've had to cover a couple of vet bills for people with dogs stupid enough to go barking at my cats or Ming the Merciless...being farm cats, they're not the running away type...Unlike those 2 monsters though, the other one, Bonsai, will tolerate strange dogs as long as they remain civil.

pMun4oz.jpg

...and Ming the Merciless

0RtN9x4.jpg

Heh. Last year we brought a cat from our vet into our house as it needed a home. Within a couple of days it had ripped our dog apart and we had to return the cat along with several weeks of treatment for the dog (the vet though gave us a good discount on all treatments). The dogs skin had been literally torn apart in several places.

Now we have new small kitten, that seems more interested in destroying the furniture than the dog.

Not sure if people have seen this.

In short, Disney claim they only bought the rights to ADF's Star Wars works, not the obligations.

Now i await Turbulent buying the rights to SC, but not the obligations, while CR rides off into the sunset with a fat wallet to go and make films involving anthroporphic cats and tropes.

What obligations does SC have? That are contractual, like the paying of royalties?

Cool news.
I am not sure that I would classify it as cool news, it is, however, very interesting news. It is an admission by proxy that CIG themselves are unable to give backers what they pledged for and have had to outsource a major part of the game development to another studio.

Over the next three years, Turbulent and CIG have plans to grow the studio to 100 developers.

The probability of there being more systems has increased significantly but it will take time.

Dont forget to buy your Idris.

I am not sure that I would classify it as cool news, it is, however, very interesting news. It is an admission by proxy that CIG themselves are unable to give backers what they pledged for and have had to outsource a major part of the game development to another studio.
They are not "unable" to do it, it's to speed up the creation of systems when their tool will be mature enough.
I have been convinced for a very long time that CIG devotes a lot of time to the creation of tools to industrialize and partly outsource the creation of systems.
From time to time, the question "How many systems/year CIG will be able to produce in the future" appear here. Some key elements to respond are : capacity to industrialize and how many man/hour per year (internally and externally) they will put on system creation.
CIG have failed to outsource at their beginning when they were using common tools. After that they certainly had decided to make their own tools to have a total control of what their future partners will be able to do. As said before, each time I see their tools in video I'm impressed.
For me, CIG will certainly keep the creation of some systems for them and outsource others. It will grandly accelerate the pace of system delivery.

One System in 8 years .... It doesnt need to accelerate much to be an improvement.
When you are in active development, you create tools, assets, gameplay, engine, etc you should not deliver x system. That's how prototyping works. You build your prototype and when it's ready, your start mass production.
The CIG prototype is not ready yet, it will be a mistake to deliver x systems now.

Last edited:
@Golgot Why are you not quoting the message just below the one you quote ?
Always seeking the bad info, never forward good ones...
Shiirooo : il y a 12 minutes
Ubisoft Montreal is responsible for Splinter Cell, Rainbow Six, Prince of Persia, Far Cry, Assassin's Creed, as well as the Watch Dogs franchise. I don't know of any other studio that has so many successful licenses in the same studio.

Top Bottom