Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

realistically though, i am looking forward to the new and innovative ways the tractor beam will bug out.

use tractor beam; instantly rocket through the ground to the center of the planet.

stuff like that.
Could be fun if you can use it on another player, pick him up, slam him through the ground

To be frank, I was telling you in a friendly way something I can’t say here, but,

Chris Roberts just ain't worth this.

Anybody else immediately squint and get suspicious when someone says "To be frank" or "speaking frankly?" Always a nice cue to not believe a word of it. As if it shouldn't be a given.

Chris Roberts just ain't worth this.

Anybody else immediately squint and get suspicious when someone says "To be frank" or "speaking frankly?" Always a nice cue to not believe a word of it. As if it shouldn't be a given.
I will take your advice to heart, thank you.

I only squint and get suspicious when people say they "giggle".

To each their own.

Improving of clouds in 3.12 (better shadow and better texture). Not easy to see but they are moving also. They aren't volumetric.
3brzuywra1361.gif

dayrth

Volunteer Moderator
Magazine says .50 cal smart ammunition.
The ammunition would have to be smart as the iron sights not only don't line up with the barrell but it doesn't even look like you can even see the front sight when aiming because of the pointless hump over the breach.
As someone who shoots as a hobby and owns two rifles and three pistols, I would not give that heap of junk a second glance.

Improving of clouds in 3.12 (better shadow and better texture). Not easy to see but they are moving also. They aren't volumetric.
3brzuywra1361.gif

C'mon Ant, that's the 3.12 gameplay right there. It's like 'improved throw' x3. Not even gonna mention it? ;)

PS for what it's worth, something looks a bit off about the clouds to me. (I think possibly it's the clarity or height of the shadow, maybe combined with the cloud flatness?). But generally speaking I'm all for them sexying up those atmos planets.

(PPS, back on gameplay, seems the Refinery menu game still isn't in Evo? Looks like amateur sata may be the game of the quarter...)

The ammunition would have to be smart as the iron sights not only don't line up with the barrell but it doesn't even look like you can even see the front sight when aiming because of the pointless hump over the breach.
As someone who shoots as a hobby and owns two rifles and three pistols, I would not give that heap of junk a second glance.
Hobby shooter here too :D Well if one draws straight line from front side blade to rear sights they may about just align. Not very good I say.

Last edited:

dayrth

Volunteer Moderator
Yeah though thanks to virus restrictions our indoors range is non usable, and outdoors, well its dark about more than 16 hours now....
Ranges are shut here as well. I am lucky that I have my own land to shoot on. Gives me something interesting to do while waiting for SC to release anyway 😉

I would invite you over, but it's a bit of a trek from Finland to South West England.

i own more guns than i do star citizen ships. its a waste of time to critique sci-fi guns for realism. let it go.
Well depends on what kind of scifi one prefers. I prefer hard scifi. Likewise for fantasy I prefer realistic looking weapons. Say fantasy sword would need to be something actually usable in combat. And handgun something like one really COULD use in fight.

Top Bottom