Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

Are you asking me which ships can be flown by a single person that can be earned without too much effort in game?

Well, why don't you tell me?

I thought there is no ship that requires more then 1 person to operate at this time? Enforced/required multi-crew making the scenarios a reality where all the whales with their capital ships depend on poor plebs to operate their ships for them is still the future goal right?

Not Fleetpix here as well, surely :oops:

For a moment there I thought I had logged into the wrong forum...I was desperately clicking on Imgur to post mine before anyone in concierge pointed me out as a non believer 😱

HqyhJfp.jpg

I think you should visit CR with your dream catcher :)

I thought there is no ship that requires more then 1 person to operate at this time? Enforced/required multi-crew making the scenarios a reality where all the whales with their capital ships depend on poor plebs to operate their ships for them is still the future goal right?
The mutli-crew requirement isn't just tied to capital ships...the Argo Mole is strictly a multi-crew ship since the mining can't be done from the cockpit. You need ideally at least 2 to fly and operate it... or fully crewed, one pilot and 3 mining cab operators. I only take it out of the hangar when I have a mate or 2 online in SC but it's fairly pointless solo. Operating it also requires close voice comms since the pilot can't always judge where the rocks are relative to the mining cabs from the cockpit, it's a proper team effort working the Mole...and why I like it.

Crewing up isn't always about the ship owner wearing the captains hat either... in the Mole we take turns at being bus driver or in the mining cabs and split the profits equally...with me bearing the refuelling and maintenance costs out of my equal share as the owner.

The common misconception of megalomaniacal ship owner lording over subservient peasantry may play out in the simple minds of some of the org cretins...but it's not how the real world of SC works ;)

SypiNst.png

Last edited:
Hi Sovapid. I know you as an old PvPer from way back in ED. What's your preferred control method in SC, and in general what's the PvP scene like?

What's your preferred control method in SC: HOMAS. You still need to use a mouse when flying a ship for the MFD's and the mouse accuracy for shooting is nice.

in general what's the PvP scene like: salty and disappointed. :ROFLMAO:

PVP in SC can be fun and the game at least supports/promotes it. In certain cases if player A takes a mission, a counter mission will be spawned for player B to take.

There is PVP bounty hunting that is actually a thing. Can pirate other players via extortion, they send you money in game. If you blow up a cargo ship, it will drop cargo boxes that can be collected and sold at location that take stolen cargo.

Server performance and desynch takes its toll on the fun though. That and dying to stupid bugs.

Last edited:
HOTAS here...with Voice attack and eye/headtracking, same as Elite Dangerous and all the other flight sim/space games I dabble in. I also use a Logitech G13 game controller for the FPS side of SC on occasion although not always, I don't partake in the FPS combat side of SC bar shooting stowaways on the ship so M/KB does just fine for à pied sur le terrain.

Most casual players in SC play with mouse/keyboard. Some who already have HOTAS/HOSAS setups from playing other space/flight sims use them, but across the board SC has a player base who've mostly come from a general or FPS gaming perspective than the likes of ED or flight sims like IL2 which don't (for the moment) have a focus of FPS gameplay...so they use the default FPS control method in SC of M/KB on foot and to fly ships.

Sovapid uses a HOMAS setup...though I've never quite worked out how that can be comfortable or intuitive :unsure:.
What is a "HOMAS" setup?

The mutli-crew requirement isn't just tied to capital ships...the Argo Mole is strictly a multi-crew ship since the mining can't be done from the cockpit. You need ideally at least 2 to fly and operate it... or fully crewed, one pilot and 3 mining cab operators. I only take it out of the hangar when I have a mate or 2 online in SC but it's fairly pointless solo. Operating it also requires close voice comms since the pilot can't always judge where the rocks are relative to the mining cabs from the cockpit, it's a proper team effort working the Mole...and why I like it.

Crewing up isn't always about the ship owner wearing the captains hat either... in the Mole we take turns at being bus driver or in the mining cabs and split the profits equally...with me bearing the refuelling and maintenance costs out of my equal share as the owner ;)

SypiNst.png

There you go. While some ships do require multicrew, some don't.

You can mine without paying hundreds of dollars. You can do combat without paying hundreds of dollars.

You can do anything in game without paying hundreds of dollars, and as CR said, if you are an older backer, no need to give any more. New backers will keep the funding going,

There you go. While some ships do require multicrew, some don't.

You can mine without paying hundreds of dollars. You can do combat without paying hundreds of dollars.

You can do anything in game without paying hundreds of dollars, and as CR said, if you are an older backer, no need to give any more. New backers will keep the funding going,
No...you can't. Everybody has to pay...this is the way ;)

Crewing up isn't always about the ship owner wearing the captains hat either... in the Mole we take turns at being bus driver or in the mining cabs and split the profits equally...with me bearing the refuelling and maintenance costs out of my equal share as the owner.

The common misconception of megalomaniacal ship owner lording over subservient peasantry may play out in the simple minds of some of the org cretins...but it's not how the real world of SC works ;)

SypiNst.png
Hey @Mole HD I want to ask is it profitable to rent the Prospector and mine with him solo?Where is a good place to mine?

Back
Top Bottom