Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

SC faithful: "No other game has done full atmospheric planets with the fidelity of Star Citizen!"

Yeah, its not quite at the level of SC's planets, but it shows how you develop a game well. Deliver the base gameplay, then layer on the enhancements, and if you can, up the quality of textures once you are sure the engine can handle it.
As always, for a thing SC does allegedly "well" how many tons of things - even mundane - SC can't do well, if not can't even figure how to do them?

Will be interesting if it leads anywhere.

Obvious defence is that all the pre 2013 money was spent on building the game already so theres none to return, as per KS T&C....but a Court would want to see some Accounts to show exactly where the money went before accepting that defence)

After cursory research, lawyer mentioned at the bottom of the site seems to specialize in cases against mid-to-large sized companies such as Bayer.

It will be interesting to see if this is legit and how it plays out.

lol, he is a personal injury lawyer.

and no american is writing a date like this

Bj9xg08.png

Its the 'Compensation' bit that gets me, not sure what the plan is there, but as a personal injury lawyer in USA he probably knows some tricks to get more Damages, whats it called in USA where they give $1 for actual damage and $Xm for emotional damage? Oh yeah I remember, its called bloody crazy*

*Punitive and can be used as a deterrent or punishment as well.

Will be interesting if it leads anywhere.

Obvious defence is that all the pre 2013 money was spent on building the game already so theres none to return, as per KS T&C....but a Court would want to see some Accounts to show exactly where the money went before accepting that defence)

Money is fungible.

There is no "that money is spent". If CIG have money and its determined by the courts that money should be refunded (highly speculative) then they can't say they have spent "that" money. The only way to avoid payment then is bankruptcy. That is, they don't have any money to pay.

I think this is no issue for CIG. I'm sure even if a court did determine those who pledged early on (and didn't make any later pledges post scope change) are entitled, i'm sure a quick ship sale will cover the costs. Hell, i'm sure CIG could openly say "These people want their money back, so we are holding a ship sale in order to stick it to the judge. Pledge $1000 now for this exclusive ship (concept only) and show those dirty refundians your faith".

I'm sure they woud raise a million overnight.

Back
Top Bottom