State of the Game

FD should have picked up on this and just continued with Odyssey as an alpha. Just that change would likely have changed the reception of it completely.

I nearly downloaded SC last night to test. But then I noticed I had to sign up, and decided I might come back to it as I couldn't be bothered at that point. Given your feedback, I'll leave the coming back to it for another few years. :ROFLMAO:
Odyssey is certainly a "should have not been released in this state" expansion, which, as you say, has earned far greater criticism than if it had been released with a caveat that performance issues had been noticed in the final build (which may also have helped!) which will be addressed with some urgency.

The SC freefly final nail in the coffin was restarting this morning and being back in the bunk, not in the ship!
Although, with the 'ready made profile' for my Warthog doing nothing, so using the 'default' WASD flying keys - pressing W and flying backward was not an expected outcome either...

Oooo!
I reported one of my posts a few minutes back, asking for it to be deleted (I'd posted in error in another thread, deleted the content, but the post was just cluttering the page) and a mod has done exactly that - and the notification system told me my reported content had been acted upon, that's new! 🥳

It's Ok, I've uninstalled it...
I'll leave @Erei to praise it... He does have a unique skill in polishing excrement when it suits his polemic.
And some people have the surprising skill in always seeing the world in black and white, and refusing to see flaws in some stuff, or the good part of others.

I don't even play SC, I'm not interested in it (yet). But I can see where they do good, just like I can see where they do poorly in ED.

Last edited:
And some people have the surprising skill in always seeing the world in black and white, and refusing to see flaws in some stuff, or the good part of others.

I don't even play SC, I'm not interested in it. But I can see where they do good, just like I can see where they do poorly in ED.
As some folk are able to judge a game by never, ever, playing it - sorry matey, but if you haven't played the pile of crap...
I can't help you to NOT see in black & white, that needs professional help 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
As some folk ar able to judge a game by never, ever, playing it - sorry matey, but if you haven't played the pile of crap...
I can't help you to NOT see in black & white, that needs professional help 🤷‍♂️
I saw videos, and there are features we simply don't have in ED. Feature that are impressive in their own right.

Tell me if I'm wrong, but I saw cities, I saw caves, I saw wheather, I saw storms, I saw plants, I saw a gas giant...

Doesn't make a game, and I saw and heard all the bad to. Which is why I don't play it. But those are still good features, I'm sorry. I doesn't hurt to admit that, you know. Just like it doesn't hurt to admit ED have flaws to.

You're the one who see the world in black and white. I try to see the good and the bad in everything. Granted, I struggle to find any good in some stuff sometimes, mostly related to world news.

Oh, and I already have professional help for others reasons altogether. I know I'm not perfect, and I'm actually working on that.

Thank you for your advice.

I saw videos, and there are features we simply don't have in ED. Feature that are impressive in their own right.

Tell me if I'm wrong, but I saw cities, I saw caves, I saw wheather, I saw storms, I saw plants, I saw a gas giant...

You're the one who see the world in black and white. I try to see the good and the bad in everything. Granted, I struggle to find any good in some stuff sometimes, mostly related to world news.
Your slip is showing, darling...

Play it... Yes there are pretty graphics, performance is dreadful (It was improved when I changed to 1080, a little) and controls are 'interesting'...
Make your own judgement, informed opinions are better than 2nd-hand ones!

Your slip is showing, darling...
Don't know what that mean.
Play it... Yes there are pretty graphics, performance is dreadful (It was improved when I changed to 1080, a little) and controls are 'interesting'...
Make your own judgement, informed opinions are better than 2nd-hand ones!
Not speaking of graphisms. I spoke features.

I don't need to play to see those features, do I ? Do you say they don't exist ?

Oh, for sure range is all I am talking about (though the scoop isn't that bad imo, the DBX runs so cool you can sit in a star all day).

I prefer these two, and they're my only ships currently kitted out for exploration- the AspX is better choice for travel speed though, just like the DBX it can start the jump sequence from max-scoop depth without the slightest worry of overheating. The Phantom is cool, but it's not an icebox. The conda... I can't stand and still haven't found a use for!
My two DBX are:
  • "FINDER'S KEEPER'S" - Red - Used for Guardian sites and general roaming of the bubble - 50.0+ LY
  • "IST - CORBIN DALLAS" - Yellow - Used for transporting VIPs (and picking up Chinese T/O on the way home) - 43+ LY
My Phantom:
  • "PHANTOM" * - Azure - Used for Explo - 43+ LY (* this ship is actually unnamed, hmmm...I wonder if that's why all my explo-its ended in disaster 🤔)
Never had an AspX, but might try one someday after reeding recent comments here.

Now that I'm back home, I'm going take my Yellow Cab to get "For the CondaCup" then find the right fare and head off to Colonia.

giphy (3).gif

Woke up feeling much better today. Still very sore, and I still have extreme fatigue, but I'm hoping I turned a corner.

Gotta say, the worst symptom has been the shivers. It was really bad the other night. Those are gone now, and I have no fever. The room is no longer spinning, and I can form complete sentences.

Covid is no joke. I had a mild case, and it still took its toll.

Oh, uh... Random picture with no context.

images (14).jpeg

Don't know what that mean.
It is a euphamism, used in the UK when I was younger that served to caution another that they were putting themselves into a situation where they might be ridiculed.
Not speaking of graphisms. I spoke features.

I don't need to play to see those features, do I ? Do you say they don't exist ?
Q.E.D

ETA: Yes, it has 'features':
  • Get out of your bunk
  • leave room to find a lift
  • go to ground floor
  • walk around for a few minutes to get to the tram station
  • take a tram (engrossing)
  • walk to starport
  • summon a ship from a terminal
  • take another lift
  • walk some more to the ship
  • drop a ladder to get aboard
  • press forward to fly backward...
Yes, there is a huge shopping mall too..

Last edited:
My two DBX are:
  • "FINDER'S KEEPER'S" - Red - Used for Guardian sites and general roaming of the bubble - 50.0+ LY
  • "IST - CORBIN DALLAS" - Yellow - Used for transporting VIPs (and picking up Chinese T/O on the way home) - 43+ LY
My Phantom:
  • "PHANTOM" * - Azure - Used for Explo - 43+ LY (* this ship is actually unnamed, hmmm...I wonder if that's why all my explo-its ended in disaster 🤔)
Never had an AspX, but might try one someday after reeding recent comments here.

Now that I'm back home, I'm going take my Yellow Cab to get "For the CondaCup" then find the right fare and head off to Colonia.
My Phantom:
It is quite 'useful'...

Back
Top Bottom