State of the Game

Untitled2.jpg

Although, with the 'ready made profile' for my Warthog doing nothing, so using the 'default' WASD flying keys - pressing W and flying backward was not an expected outcome either...
there is some logic behind it - I had my key bindings for WASD in ED as well like this - where the meaning is not in which direction you will be going, but which thruster is firing - and firing the forward thruster will give you a vector in backwards direction. Especially when mixing FA on with FA off, it makes sense to have these key bindings backwards.

there is some logic behind it - I had my key bindings for WASD in ED as well like this - where the meaning is not in which direction you will be going, but which thruster is firing - and firing the forward thruster will give you a vector in backwards direction. Especially when mixing FA on with FA off, it makes sense to have these key bindings backwards.
Indeed, I understood the logic of it after a few moments - it was just unexpected. (and stupid, to be blunt - WASD has W as forward, never backward! - being left-handed it isn't a practical arrangement for me, I map entirely differently for every game with the option)
But, as it stands it is still a dreadful experience in performance, so I'm happy waiting for an optimised release... A bit like happily waiting for the performance of Odyssey to improve, it will, just wait.

Of course, with SC costing more (as a donation, not purchase) than the EDO DLC, it isn't going to extract any money from my bank account - at least with EDO I still have Horizons for some stuff that Odyssey has issues with, SC has nothing to fall back on 🤷‍♂️

God I hated his character
Kim was a bit annoying, but had his moments. My 'favourite' character wound up being Neelix, mainly as out of all the characters he went through the most change. His race were conquered and subjected to horrific superweapons being used on them, although deeply religious he had a near death experience that broke him inside, and he had to face the scientist who built the weapons that killed his family too. Compared to the rest of them he had some form of progression :D

Kim was a bit annoying, but had his moments. My 'favourite' character wound up being Neelix, mainly as out of all the characters he went through the most change. His race were conquered and subjected to horrific superweapons being used on them, although deeply religious he had a near death experience that broke him inside, and he had to face the scientist who built the weapons that killed his family too. Compared to the rest of them he had some form of progression :D

It was a shame they gave up on character development for pretty much everyone not named the Doctor, Seven of Nine and Janeway.

It was a shame they gave up on character development for pretty much everyone not named the Doctor, Seven of Nine and Janeway.
Eh, BLT did a lot of growing up. Honestly, even though it was a show that didn't have a good average score for character development/relationships, Tom & B'Elanna was about the best romantic relationship in star trek, because they actually grew into it. What else was there? Rom and Leeta were comic relief. Cassidy largely served a plot point as Ben's great sacrifice. Worf and Jadzia were individually great, but man alive that relationship didn't make a lick of sense.

Back
Top Bottom