State of the Game

So, to get back on topic, I just saw a strange TV advert.

It's for the now very green and ecologically minded oil company Shell, and it's one of those insipid ones which must be cheap - a woman and her dad doing environmentally nice things with tractors (hmmm) which is clearly all to do with a global oil giant.

Now, I got as far as the above, and learning that she's called Katie (I think), but then my attention was lost, as daddy is a spit of the legend that is Billy Connolly!

So, as you can see, I have no idea what the advert was about, other than the stuff I have (probably accurately) made-up above, because Billy Connolly is a grain farmer and isn't Scottish any more.

If anyone else is as upset at this as I am, please vote on Shell's issue tracker, as this is not on. How dare they defile a legend, and make him English and environmentally friendly?!

Disclaimer - I think the big yin is pretty eco minded, but if you raise this point, all you're doing is minimizing my outrage. Don't do it, on pain of getting my pet brick in yer chops!

Bleia Eohn ZI-W b32-1_4.jpg

Ummm....

So, to get back on topic, I just saw a strange TV advert.

It's for the now very green and ecologically minded oil company Shell, and it's one of those insipid ones which must be cheap - a woman and her dad doing environmentally nice things with tractors (hmmm) which is clearly all to do with a global oil giant.

Now, I got as far as the above, and learning that she's called Katie (I think), but then my attention was lost, as daddy is a spit of the legend that is Billy Connolly!

So, as you can see, I have no idea what the advert was about, other than the stuff I have (probably accurately) made-up above, because Billy Connolly is a grain farmer and isn't Scottish any more.

If anyone else is as upset at this as I am, please vote on Shell's issue tracker, as this is not on. How dare they defile a legend, and make him English and environmentally friendly?!

Disclaimer - I think the big yin is pretty eco minded, but if you raise this point, all you're doing is minimizing my outrage. Don't do it, on pain of getting my pet brick in yer chops!
I've got adblock for the eyes, when one comes on my mind wanders.
It's called Adnams broadside.

That's genius Brother Anders.

For, as the good book teaches us, '...on the eleventy-seventh day did the Mighty Brebus doodle upon the Holy etchasketch a new ship, that pleased him so that he sent it forth to be forever widely unavailable to spite those weak in faith.'
Only true believers get a cobra MK IV.
Mine has recently been renamed and is currently looking for ELW's.

Book of Bell, chapter 1.3
'And lo, the holy followers shall seek out new worlds with the power of the sacred ship of the chosen ones, and thou shalt give the ship the name of the nastiest thing they can think of'

Gambling debt or something? I agree that it's good money but it's not skipping the country for hot climate for the rest of your life money.

Mind you there is an endless amount of people who have it made in life and seem to throw it away for silly reasons.
Without going into details I was once asked to investigate a SWIFT message containing 749M USD that had gone missing. This was 30+ years ago, back when 749M USD was a good chunk of disappearing money.

In chatting to the section head in the business we realised that individually we couldn't have concocted such an event. But that we could have, if we had worked together. It also 'helped' that for completely valid reasons, the money wasn't noticed as missing for four full days.

There was a v-e-r-y long silence.... nope..... much longer than that...... .....after which we decided it was time for a brew.

Top Bottom