State of the Game

oh man.... only a couple months until the steam deck comes out. That's a sexy little linux machine and it will be mine. Now if only the ps5 would ever get in stock...i can retire this old ps4 in time for the next God of War.

... it's less about being inspired and more about just doing the same lowest level implementation of the mechanic
yawn-gif.266126

Indeed, it's boring and should only exist in process and time periods where nothing else was possible. not in today's games where we have the resources to do something more than supply the user with a table.

it being the cornerstone of ED' trade mechanic among other UI elements is disappointing... but then we've never really expected anything more from elite's economy as it was all appears to always will, be a minimally implemented system.

Indeed, it's boring and should only exist in process and time periods where nothing else was possible. not in today's games where we have the resources to do something more than supply the user with a table.

it being the cornerstone of ED' trade mechanic among other UI elements is disappointing... but then we've never really expected anything more from elite's economy as it was all appears to always will, be a minimally implemented system.
It would be so good if you just accepted defeat and left this game that brings you no joy...

Hmmm, here's a thought. You are not required to either play the game or participate it the forums, and yet you do...and even appear to like it.

So then why do you pretend that you do not? If you really don't, then certainly there must be more meaningful things for you to do in your life. I mean, one would think so in any case.

It would be so good if you just accepted defeat and left this game that brings you no joy...

who says i dont take joy from the game? Mayhaps I enjoy various aspects as they are ...and I enjoy pointing out the parts that suck - so I get double joy. Either way, that wouldn't really change what goes on in Forum Tycoon Planet.

Hmmm, here's a thought. You are not required to either play the game or participate it the forums, and yet you do...and even appear to like it.

So then why do you pretend that you do not? If you really don't, then certainly there must be more meaningful things for you to do in your life. I mean, one would think so in any case.
what makes you think my observations of the game's limitations and inferiority would prohibit me from still playing it? Few games are ever great all around, yet i've played tons of them.

Elite Dangerous just likes to put out updates that frequently add problems or unwanted features that overshadow any of the few good things that get added ...which skews conversation about them.

and the forum has always been an argumentative cesspool of conflicting wants and visions...and it always will be. Why do you come to the forum if you want something different? There are other things to do or places to chat with a more agreeable clientele. yet you come here.

This thread used to have a more agreeable, amicable clientele... 🤷‍♂️
Mostly full of laughter if my memory serves me well...

You can only make fun of other threads for so long before you've made fun of all of the stereotypical threads and it just becomes cruel. I've been here since like page 4.

if comedy equals tragedy and time then we just have to wait a bit after these last couple updates, review the threads all of the people are posting and we'll maybe have some new ones to mock.

Back
Top Bottom