State of the Game

Its a (IIRC) a six part AMC drama. It also has a totally different second season which I have not seen.
This i only got an episode or 2 into season 2 if I recall.
And game update i can confirm i am not the only xbox player saw commanders on bothe sides at the cg cz's. Having fun being a Grommit. Good fun. #opennotjustgankers.
@brotherleo Hope the birthday was enjoyable!

Last edited:
There's an actual wood-burning stove tied into the system, too :).
That'll save having to set fire to the sofa!
Wellll... there's that valve that's apparently wrong way round, and an archaic heating sensor that seems to still be wired in for no apparent reason, and a few other things. But I think the furnace may be as old as I am and so I don't like to poke fun at it.

I've dealt with a number of jobs where the boiler or heating system has had a valve or some other critical component fitted the wrong way round. (my old school had a freezing cold gym and it turned out that the fans were on suck not blow for 30 years). I'm not a plumber or heating engineer but would have thought that the fitting wasn't open to interpretation, just follow the instructions. 🤷‍♂️

I do suggest getting a manly man in to fix it though. A couple of years ago our loo flush went weird culminating in me getting the mrs to stick her finger in a pipe for 30 mins while I went to the DIY - not a popular move and I'm still not forgiven.

The party committee has delivered the hot weiners for brother leo's party (see previous post re meat sauce and skinless franks way too many pages ago). Though we may have to wait til Monday to see them as my phone's being shy ( or Hal just wants them all to his AI self). Fish and chips will also be available for any pesci-tarians.

Last edited:
That'll save having to set fire to the sofa!

I've dealt with a number of jobs where the boiler or heating system has had a valve or some other critical component fitted the wrong way round. (my old school had a freezing cold gym and it turned out that the fans were on suck not blow for 30 years). I'm not a plumber or heating engineer but would have thought that the fitting wasn't open to interpretation, just follow the instructions. 🤷‍♂️

I do suggest getting a manly man in to fix it though. A couple of years ago our loo flush went weird culminating in me getting the mrs to stick her finger in a pipe for 30 mins while I went to the DIY - not a popular move and I'm still not forgiven.

No, that crazy valve stopped me in my tracks but I think I'll give it a go tomorrow. If it's what I (now) think it is I'd just feel silly calling someone in, and if it's not what I think it is then that's something that ought to get done anyway.

Once upon a time I showed my then-girlfriend how I always cleared the ice from a freezer with a screwdriver and a hammer, and that led to a little more hilarity than I was hoping for once the repairman showed up.

Once upon a time I showed my then-girlfriend how I always cleared the ice from a freezer with a screwdriver and a hammer, and that led to a little more hilarity than I was hoping for once the repairman showed up.

Bless her heart, my mum used to do that when we were kids, before my dad got home from work. I grew up thinking it was the right way until I saw him defrost it once when I must have been around 12 - lol! Then my sister's ex tried to do hers with her hairdryer once, propping it up inside the open unit - he wasn't the smartest at physics or diy, despite having a phd in biology!

3am

SOWHEREHAVEYOUBEEN

I..er...hic had to go to Screwfix and get a special screwdriver

SOWHEREISITTHEN

They....they didn't have one *hic *

I met Brian there, who thought he had one at his house in spain, so we went to look...

BLAM!

My dear DIYers. I just finished installing the freshly stained pine baseboards around the new floor* in the bathroom.

* - The new floor in the bathroom was installed in spring of 2017. Baseboards were not installed at that time.

A couple of notes:

1. No other parts of the house were damaged in the completion of this project, for a change, that I know of anyway.

2. No personal bodily damage occurred as a result of the work being performed, this time.

3. No duct tape was either needed or even used, "just because".

And on a more personal note, the friend I gave the video card to a few weeks back compensated me with one of his home-brew Irish Red ales. It was absolutely delicious.

My dear DIYers. I just finished installing the freshly stained pine baseboards around the new floor* in the bathroom.

* - The new floor in the bathroom was installed in spring of 2017. Baseboards were not installed at that time.

A couple of notes:

1. No other parts of the house were damaged in the completion of this project, for a change, that I know of anyway.

2. No personal bodily damage occurred as a result of the work being performed, this time.

3. No duct tape was either needed or even used, "just because".

And on a more personal note, the friend I gave the video card to a few weeks back compensated me with one of his home-brew Irish Red ales. It was absolutely delicious.
Did you use your hole making machine and a nail bat? Sorry for the technical terms.

Repressed memories……….

Meme (14).gif

Back
Top Bottom