State of the Game

get a slice or two of Zungenrotwurst - basically a blood pudding with veal tongue and fatty bits in between - it is eaten in slices on bread.
IMG_1337_600x600.jpg
1633517474740.png

Just completed a restore mission on a settlement and the average fps was 15 :confused:
that will be hard to change as long as they construct buildings in the background still out of the same individual pieces as in the foreground, instead to replace those buildings by less demanding meshes. As far as I have seen in analyzing videos those buildings are constructed by quite small pieces and there are no meshes, which do those in one piece, with less detail, if they are further away. Wouldn't make me wonder if the indoor areas are rendered even they cannot be seen from the outside.

that will be hard to change as long as they construct buildings in the background still out of the same individual pieces as in the foreground, instead to replace those buildings by less demanding meshes. As far as I have seen in analyzing videos those buildings are constructed by quite small pieces and there are no meshes, which do those in one piece, with less detail, if they are further away. Wouldn't make me wonder if the indoor areas are rendered even they cannot be seen from the outside.

The fps drops are so arbitrary it's little wonder they're struggling to address it. I've been to this particular settlement before with no fps drops like I experienced just now 🤷‍♂️

The fps drops are so arbitrary it's little wonder they're struggling to address it. I've been to this particular settlement before with no fps drops like I experienced just now 🤷‍♂️
oh then it is maybe not a rendering issue but a memory management issue, where it takes longer to get the scene setup under certain circumstances.

I've been experiencing the same thing in familiar settlements since the last update. Either it freezes and gives me 1 FPS for about thirty seconds, or certain areas of the settlement significantly lower my FPS, often depending on the viewing angle (even when indoors, so again hinting at culling issues). Also, for the first time ever I'm having those serious issues at mining settlements that people had been reporting about for months, but which I personally never experienced until now. I accidentally did a CZ in one of those the other day and it was horrid.

I won't lie, I haven't played much ED since around the time Update 7 dropped, I suddenly had IRL responsibilities and most of my gaming time has been spent playing Splatoon 2 (sometimes live, pls give sub money) The only on-foot stuff I've done in Update 7 is a few conflict zones, which generally ran better, at the cost of massive stuttering upon entering the CZ. The only other stuff I've done is some Robigo runs as an excuse to finally watch The Mandalorian (and prolong the carrier from falling out of orbit).
I'm currently eating lunch but I'm not doing anything meaningful for the rest of the day, so in a bit I'll probably play some settlement missions and see how they run.

I would like to state that the leaked Twitch revenue figures are definitely false, and I definitely make a lot more money than it claims.

Promise...
I may have to change my stance on facepalm, twitch and others - It would appear there are a lot of stupid people out there just waiting for crappy videos to watch.
Perhaps a channel dedicated to my Cat Henry having a kip. Think I'm going to quit my current jobs and start generating cack videos. :)

EDIT: 1 good month and I can retire :)

I may have to change my stance on facepalm, twitch and others - It would appear there are a lot of stupid people out there just waiting for crappy videos to watch.
Perhaps a channel dedicated to my Cat Henry having a kip. Think I'm going to quit my current jobs and start generating cack videos. :)

EDIT: 1 good month and I can retire :)
You've got videos of Henry sleeping? Can't wait to see them. Post a link...

21001 (and hi ho all). I had good luck with mountain pride tomatoes the last few years in the garden for slicing tomatoes but otherwise beefsteak are good (and easier to find at the market). Not a huge tomato fan but I do like a nice bacon cheese burger or chicken cutlet with lettuce, tomato, and onion.

Last edited:
they look like they would have a common ancestor with wombats, possibly at a time when wombats resp. their ancestors were as big as rhinos. This is just a guess seen from the looks of those animals though. Not sure if this is possible, because australia and south america moved away from africa quite a long time ago in opposite directions.

update - this is a wrong guess though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom