State of the Game

R 2.jpg

did you see the SC multi-crew video that got shunted to general gaming?

13 person carrier multi-crew (where real ships can dock into and such) with actual gameplay (multi-crew combat) and interiors and all that snazzy stuff the foot-people and multiplayer people want in elite but wont ever get.

say what you want about never being released or how it's a scam... but that kind of gameplay ticks every single box space feet players have been wanting except VR (which elite is in the process of not caring about) and it's there now. It was pretty impressive.

even if it's never released, it's a game that is liable to poach a significant amount of time from elite players in the not too distant future (especially if the hardware reqs of elite stay high and on par with sc like odyssey is and when horizons is forced to join)
The problem is other than gunnery positions and waving at each other in the cargo hold, what else can they do?

ED has gunnery (except all guns are slaved), and that the instance cap can be greater than SC (which is about 20) so you'll never have ED like mixed ships / wings / squads. It also means large ships will never be the player nirvana people want them to be.

But if people want that all power to them- for streaming SC seems perfect.

aNYWAY, EnIOugh tALkING aBOut GAHMEZ

maxresdefault.jpg

I guess one issue fdev has is that SC doesn't support consoles or VR .. if only it did .... it would be so much more peaceful around here :)
you'd still have filthy casuals here ...because if SC is anything, it's unfriendly to people who want to "play" something that is devoid of any effort. and just setting your keybinds up in SC is a daunting task that would exclude them from the start.

Yes, yes it is, or at least it has been mine for the last 90 days or so. And, on the rare occasion I miss a day or two (like last weekend), I just pick it up at the current state. Yeah, I probably missed something funny but I know there will be more coming down the pike...
Apparently my "90 days or so" is off just a little.

My first post in these forums (not in SotG) was 3 June 2021...coincidentally the same day SotG was born...

My 5th post on these forums, 30 June 2021, was my 1st in SotG (#20,301 - 27 days after SotG started), on page 1016... (and coincidentally, the same day I made my first Elite rank, in trading). Also makes today exactly 6 months (by date/not days) since my first SotG post.

My next post in SotG, and possibly the fatal one, that locked me in, was 23 July 2021. I was simply laughing at one of PRORABBIT67s many, ummmm, images/giffys...there were also 3 other posts by me in SotG that day and some the next day so I'll count that as regular participation from that point on.

So full time job in SotG for about 120 days now...

Back
Top Bottom