State of the Game

OIP.jpg

Last edited:
Thinking of buying myself this t-shirt...

I read that as 'Hostage' t-shirt.
😬

This was in my SpiceWorks feed today and I'm thinking FDev?

View attachment 280786
This happens where I work when people come in who prefer to draw on microstation or something other than what we're using (autocad).
They secretly love it - it's gives them the chance to constantly point out how their preferred software is better than what we're using, and can blame their shortcomings on how it 'makes things harder'.

It's amazing after each update how many users are suddenly software engineers who would "never release a program in this state".

Similar behaviour can be seen on Twitter where for three years pre/post Brexit everyone on it was a trade expert and now some of those same people are epidemiologists/virologists.

What I want to know is why some here on the forum insist on stating how long they've been playing Elite for as if the fact they played the game in 1984 gives them some form of ownership or higher authority to express their views.

Similar behaviour can be seen on Twitter where for three years pre/post Brexit everyone on it was a trade expert and now some of those same people are epidemiologists/virologists.
See my previous post above...

What I want to know is why some here on the forum insist on stating how long they've been playing Elite for as if the fact they played the game in 1984 gives them some form of ownership or higher authority to express their views.
I've used that wording in the past, but usually (if not always) to express that I liked that game (FE2) back then and also that I'm glad this game exists now...

Back
Top Bottom