Station Concourse's .... well Concourse actually, they are all the same

Yeah, that was a disappointment when I realised that every concourse is exactly the same layout with cosmetic colour changes to reflect the station economic type. Regardless of the station type; be it a Coriolis or whatever.

Then I discovered that the orientation is barfed on some. You disembark, and turn 180 degress for the lift. Turn 180 in the lift and exit to the concourse and run up the middle stairs to the viewing windows in the bar and the station exit is in front of you. Brilliant.
Go to another station (Coriolis in my case), disembark turn 90 degress left and head for the lift. 180 turn in the lift and exit, up to the viewing windows and ..... I'm staring at the station exit again. Really!!!! I have now got to imagine that the floor in the lift is doing some weird rotation thing on the way up.

Now I can almost forgive (almost!) the texture rendering issue, and it is one make no bones about it; but we have seen this before in Horizons and they sorted it. I guess they will get there.

But to find there is only one styled concourse in all those systems. Oh boy.
And to cop it all off, I can't even drown my sorrows in the station bar (yes I was thinking you might be able to order a beer for giggles).

(I had an weird rendering yesterday, half the inhabitants of the concourse had been chopped of at the knee. It was full of height challenged folk. Others had developed the ability to hover about 2 ft of the ground. The barman, he could only just see over the counter. He had no chance of reaching the good spirits on the top shelf. But that's assuming he serves others and just not me).

Top Bottom