Station defense

So, how does this work exactly? The game is pretty shy about information, so I am asking here. I built myself a nice little xeno knocker Krait and started defending an outpost station. Turns out this takes a loooong time.

So far I've been playing for about two hours defending this outpost, I took down a few of the “bigger” goids where you need to exert the hearts and snipe them off... but after two hours of fighting the progress bar is only at about 1/3. I am tired and frankly bored. If I quit now, is that a win for the goids?

Did I make it worse? How does this work? Do individual kills count or do I need to win the station defense scenario to make a positive contribution?

I am confused.

@Lyla I just quit a play session having the exact same question. I spent almost 2.5 hours trying to rescue an attacked surface station but the bar more or less got stuck at 1/3, or at least it moved extremely slowly. Not a great sense of achievement leaving the station just because it takes so long. I cant play for 6-7 hours to rescue one surface station.

So, how does this work exactly? The game is pretty shy about information, so I am asking here. I built myself a nice little xeno knocker Krait and started defending an outpost station. Turns out this takes a loooong time.
I doubt anyone knows more than you. You've been there for 2 hours, that makes you an expert!
That is sort of funny. "You were at Helgen. You survived a dragon attack. That makes you an expert on dragon attacks."
Me: "Well, it was sort of a lot of running away, ducking under burning buildings, hiding under rocks, eventually ducking into dungeons and coming out of a cave, so..."
"Yes, that is what makes you an expert - you lived.

Are you alone or with others assisting you? One player alone might be the reason it's a tad more difficult you think.
Due to the numbers, this might be more of a fleet of pilots things.

Also, what system?

Hah! Yes, the only reason I survived this long is that I can dock with the outpost and repair/refuel/rearm. Just like ducking into a cave :)

I am in HIP 23716, defending “Wolf Orbital” outpost. I am all by myself, not really counting the NPC allies although they try. I've now brought the bar up to almost 2/3.

My main question is still: If I quit, is that a win for the 'goids?

So. I finally “won.”

I managed to slowly chip my way to victory, took only five hours or so. And then: Oh no! A Hydra jumped in! ROFLSTOMP! Dead.

Well, at least I got 20 mil for “winning” the scenario... never doing that again.

So. I finally “won.”

I managed to slowly chip my way to victory, took only five hours or so. And then: Oh no! A Hydra jumped in! ROFLSTOMP! Dead.

Well, at least I got 20 mil for “winning” the scenario... never doing that again.
Hehe, interesting. I was out trying to defend an outpost myself today, for the first time. It was difficult. I used a build off the Anti-Xeno Initiative site, mostly. I had good armor, hull reinforcement, etc. All engineered.

I had those AX multicannons fitted, but they sure didn't seem very powerful against Scouts. A couple died, for 80,000 credits each. Wowzers.

Then something jumped in, which I never even saw it happened so fast, and then I was dead. 5 million rebuy. That's, let's see, 63 Scouts I'd need to kill to offset the one rebuy. Doesn't seem worthwhile.

Not my finest hour. :)

So. I finally “won.”

Don't stay to fight the Hydra. The scenario is won, the Hydra is for those that want the extra challenge. Also the zones have been buggy for a long time. They can go long time and never update. They are not supposed to be 5hrs long. If you are killing gobs of stuff and the bar is not moving leave. Change modes. Re-instance. Because banging your head against a busted CZ is pointless.

Hah! Yes, the only reason I survived this long is that I can dock with the outpost and repair/refuel/rearm. Just like ducking into a cave :)

I am in HIP 23716, defending “Wolf Orbital” outpost. I am all by myself, not really counting the NPC allies although they try. I've now brought the bar up to almost 2/3.

My main question is still: If I quit, is that a win for the 'goids?
So. I finally “won.”

Yeah, I heard it's a lot of work but a decent payout. Helps if you fly in a wing, etc. I was at Knight Enterprise (outpost) to do a mixed rescue of "walking wounded" and "very injured in a life-pod" group. Managed to make it to a rescue ship but was interdicted by what I guess were Thargoids in that system twice. Managed to make it to the rescue ship with about 20% hull but we all made it. Next run was to WAKATA station (WAKATA FOREVER!!!).

May switch to full cargo or full people on the next run. There were three of us in total but yeah, a single person can do "supply/rescue" - helps if friends show up to help.

Just a few days later and there is that small “itch” to try again... but!

My original question still has not been answered: Is it really okay to just abandon a station defense scenario? How is this scored in the war game? If I start such an engagement and then abandon it, how does this impact “the war?”

I fear a simple implementation like: Lyla started three station defense scenarios today. Lyla abandoned two (because of technical difficulty) and won one. That is 2:1 for the 'goids and now I actually made it worse by participating.

goids from the beginning wining 0:999999999999999ish. you can make it 1:999999999999999ish. if activity is not completed it does not count.
that's how i see it

Top Bottom