News Status on a few reported issues in 3.1

What ones do appear show up in the "criteria not met" area.. and the reason given for that criteria not met? "Destination" .. whatever that's supposed to mean.

Yes getting these as well.
Is this a deliberate 'fix' by FD ?
I cannot spot any obvious connection between those allowed and those not because of 'destination'.

There are plenty of single player Source and Return Missions on the board, to clarify; just the wing missions version of S&R with the issue of either not showing up or giving "destination" as a very obscure reason why the criteria for taking it isnt met.

Yes getting these as well.
Is this a deliberate 'fix' by FD ?
I cannot spot any obvious connection between those allowed and those not because of 'destination'.

There are plenty of single player Source and Return Missions on the board, to clarify; just the wing missions version of S&R with the issue of either not showing up or giving "destination" as a very obscure reason why the criteria for taking it isnt met.

I see S&R wing missions available (both below and above my cargo capacity) and also some not available because of 'destination' (both high and low payout).

Thank you for the "returned mission templates", in particular the various long range missions! I had just made a post begging for them to be brought back. Hopefully we can get the smuggling and some data couriering to return to "fail on scan" as well!

<snip>Couple new ships is nice but fixing all those bugs would be even nicer imho.

Seems RNG was added to LYR's discount pricing - sometimes you get it, sometimes you don't. RNG everything!

I agree that bug fixes would be a nice QoL improvement.</snip>

Last edited:
Question:
Why doesn't Fdev do more extensive testing before new content releases? Doing that will knock out most of the bugs they get at release.

The only bugs you're supposed to have after a content release is grammatical and GFX issues and maybe a few core bugs, but not like this.

Suggestion: Start PTU testing new content releases 2-4 weeks before the scheduled release (or more if you think it reasonable). This will give players enough time to get in the PTU and try to break things. The PTU should be the only place your game is allowed to break! I'm sure every CMDR in the threads would be THRILLED to help out!

Is the Destination permit locked to you or maybe crippled by the Thargoids?

Flossy

Volunteer Moderator
UPDATE AND FIXES:

· Market effects, including Powerplay effects and discounts are now fixed and working.

Hi Ed, does this mean that the ship discount that ANYONE could get by visiting a LYR station even if not pledged is back again? I lost nearly 7K because I did not get discount on my Krait when I bought it yesterday. :S

Flossy

Volunteer Moderator
I'm starting to think it's not worth all the bother. I was more confused than anything else at the conflicting reports I kept reading. I can soon make 7 million anyway. :)

Last edited:
server can not connect ps4

still can not connect to servers on ps4, this is a problem none of me have tried to connect through a proxy, but it did not help me.

UPDATE AND FIXES:

Hi all. The team have been hard at work at introducing some fixes to some of the issues above.

· Collect Wing Missions – can now be handed in.
· Mission Depot – now tweaked and balanced. Please keep in mind that further tweaks may be necessary.
· Missing Missions – refunds have now been issued for affected Commanders.
· Returned Mission Templates – missions should now appear on transaction tabs.
· Commander stats – should be now updating, including Engineer unlocks. Stats that should have been accrued between 3.1 release and this fix being applied may take a few days to appear.
· Market effects, including Powerplay effects and discounts are now fixed and working.
· FX’17 flight suit - can now be applied.

Thank you all for your patience while we continue to work on any issues you’re experiencing. Thanks again for all your feedback.

Ed

It will not allow me to accept industry needs wing missions, is there a reason for this?

Did the fsd boosters get turned off again? I just unlocked them at Jameson and they don't appear in outfitting...

I'm so glad I saw the message about them still being borked before I went charging off to unlock them tomorrow. I want them primarily to maximise range on two of my long range exploration ships so having them unable to be used with either neutron star boosts or jumponium makes then effectively useless to me. Again. I know this stuff isn't done deliberately but honestly, I'm lost for words. They were supposed to be in the game with 3.0, we've had that update, four or five minor patches to it and now another full point release and they still aren't working right - seriously guys this is frakking shambolic stuff now. Please for the love of God prioritise getting the bloody things working properly once and for all.

Yeah yeah I'm crabby because it's hot but Christ almighty, I'm so sick of this frakking farce.

Edit : I came back to this post because I was considering toning it down a bit. Then I thought about it again and I'm actually adding another couple of paragraphs on a similar theme. I'm absolutely at breaking point with this crap now, this might seem a minor issue but it's the straw that broke the camel's back for me. This is the only game I've ever played where I actively dread updates because instead of looking forward to new stuff, I'm just wondering what parts of the game I'll need to forget about for weeks/months/years (if anyone thinks years is an exaggeration by the way, just remember how long it took to get beige planets fixed) because they've been broken.

I mean how the frak can FSD boosters get past QA without a bug that stops them working with either jumponium or neutron boosts being spotted? In what parallel universe is that not one of the very first things that would be tested when introducing a piece of gear that affects jump range? You know, 'oh hey maybe we'd better check that it doesn't have any conflicts with this other thing that affects jump range, you know because they're both things that affect jump range...' I could understand it if it was some esoteric combination of factors that caused it like flying an Asp Scout on a Wednesday whilst having exactly 12,872.583 credits in your account and three open missions but yeah, it's not that. Not even close.

On top of that, this is stuff that has already been removed from the game once because it was broken! I'd have though that perhaps, just perhaps in view of that somebody might have bothered to check them properly this time.

You know what? Frak it. I'm wasting my time even getting mad about it because if anybody actually gave a crap it wouldn't be happening to begin with. Terribly sorry if I've hurt anybody's feels with a bit of very honest feedback but I'm afraid you've earned it and I'm screwed if I'm dressing it up in diplomatic language. If I screwed something up this many times at work I'd be getting reamed out for it big style.

Last edited:
I'm so glad I saw the message about them still being borked before I went charging off to unlock them tomorrow. I want them primarily to maximise range on two of my long range exploration ships so having them unable to be used with either neutron star boosts or jumponium makes then effectively useless to me. Again. I know this stuff isn't done deliberately but honestly, I'm lost for words. They were supposed to be in the game with 3.0, we've had that update, four or five minor patches to it and now another full point release and they still aren't working right - seriously guys this is frakking shambolic stuff now. Please for the love of God prioritise getting the bloody things working properly once and for all.

Yeah yeah I'm crabby because it's hot but Christ almighty, I'm so sick of this frakking farce.

Edit : I came back to this post because I was considering toning it down a bit. Then I thought about it again and I'm actually adding another couple of paragraphs on a similar theme. I'm absolutely at breaking point with this crap now, this might seem a minor issue but it's the straw that broke the camel's back for me. This is the only game I've ever played where I actively dread updates because instead of looking forward to new stuff, I'm just wondering what parts of the game I'll need to forget about for weeks/months/years (if anyone thinks years is an exaggeration by the way, just remember how long it took to get beige planets fixed) because they've been broken.

I mean how the frak can FSD boosters get past QA without a bug that stops them working with either jumponium or neutron boosts being spotted? In what parallel universe is that not one of the very first things that would be tested when introducing a piece of gear that affects jump range? I could understand it if it was some esoteric combination of factors that caused it like flying an Asp Scout on a Wednesday whilst having exactly 12,872.583 credits in your account and three open missions but yeah, it's not that. Not even close.

On top of that, this is stuff that has already been removed from the game once because it was broken! I'd have though that perhaps, just perhaps in view of that somebody might have bothered to check them properly this time.

You know what? Frak it. I'm wasting my time even getting mad about it because if anybody actually gave a crap it wouldn't be happening to begin with. Terribly sorry if I've hurt anybody's feels with a bit of very honest feedback but I'm afraid you've earned it and I'm screwed if I'm dressing it up in diplomatic language. If I screwed something up this many times at work I'd be getting reamed out for it big style.

Your reaction is very understandable, and you are not alone in feeling so.

I still see them so maybe just a slight delay before they show up in outfitting for you.

o7
Dirty

I Waited about 30 minutes and even tried restarting the game and nothing. However I just tried another station and they have them. Strange the station I unlocked them in didn't have them...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KseNRVIXwWs

I know I'm still gonna come off as salty but that video says it all. I posted earlier but I now see there are many others that feel the same as me. Just like the above guy said, I'm fed up with this what seems like ignoring basically game breaking bugs approach. What's worse is there are still alot of people defending frontier. I've literally had people come into my cutter bug report thread and tell me it's not game breaking and I should use another ship and stop complaining because the cutter is garbage.

That's not the point. I should not have to change the ship and not be able to use the ship I want because of a glitch that they ignore to fix. To me it's gamebreaking. Having to reset the game every 20 or 30 minutes when not doing things like bounty hunting or exploring to me is game breaking. Me and about 10 others that own cutters have been blowing up frontiers bug section on PS4 since OCTOBER/NOVEMBER and all we get is " we are aware of the problem".

How about fixing the thing then? Even if it's a complex bug we are going on 9 months now. Almost a year of a practically game breaking bug with one of the best endgame ships in the game on PS4. This is absurd. When are we gonna get a fix to this absurd audio glitch??

Top Bottom