Stellar Lighting and Planetary Surface Lighting is still messed up.

I believe this is more of a case of the atmsphere and terrain color making it seem that way, not that the actual lighting is fixed.
Found out that colored lighting is actually working near the main star. It is visible inside your cockpit. And if planet is closer than about 15Ls from the main star coloured lighting works on it's surface too.

Please post the result of your complaint to the ASA, it should be very enlightening...
I don’t think that would be possible- if I posted the result here it would end up in the murky definition of ‘legal action’ and ‘legal complaints’ that would only result in getting this thread locked/deleted.

if a mod could confirm that it would be OK to post their response here, I will definitely do that if/when I raise a complaint.

To be clear, I haven’t raised any complaint yet because as I said in that other thread, FDev should either provide an official response or change their video footage to use actual in-game footage until this issue is fixed. It’s misleading otherwise.

I’ve supported Frontier for years, and they should be given a chance to fix this. But if they won’t respond to it or act accordingly then an ASA complaint is the only option available.

(Also ASA complaints take a long time to process, so you may be waiting a while anyway...)

I don’t think that would be possible-
Result - not a transcript...

You know, something along the lines of "the laughter when I left the office could be heard 2 blocks away" or "the firing squad has assembled in Cambridge"

Are you also going to take ASA action against every other games studio who make adverts without actual "in-game" footage, or is it just a 'crusade' against evil Frontier?

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
Knock it off please. Remember to discuss the post and not the poster. Also responses longer than one emoji are often preferable.

Result - not a transcript...

You know, something along the lines of "the laughter when I left the office could be heard 2 blocks away" or "the firing squad has assembled in Cambridge"

Are you also going to take ASA action against every other games studio who make adverts without actual "in-game" footage, or is it just a 'crusade' against evil Frontier?
FYI - the ASA agree that the video and screenshots on the game stores appear to be misleading and have approached Frontier for a formal response.

If Frontier are unable to provide a satisfactory response, they will be required to remove the game store videos and screenshots and replace them with actual ones from the game.

It's up to Frontier now - either they fix the visual discrepancies in-game, or update their game store video/screenshots.

I note that they claim they will fix coloured lighting in Update 9 - it remains to be seen whether this will (1) restore the previously working feature consistently across all environments (planets surfaces, space, etc...), and (2) restore volumetric fog.

Last edited:
FYI - the ASA agree that the video and screenshots on the game stores appear to be misleading and have approached Frontier for a formal response.

If Frontier are unable to provide a satisfactory response, they will be required to remove the game store videos and screenshots and replace them with actual ones from the game.

It's up to Frontier now - either they fix the visual discrepancies in-game, or update their game store video/screenshots.

I note that they claim they will fix coloured lighting in Update 9 - it remains to be seen whether this will (1) restore the previously working feature consistently across all environments (planets surfaces, space, etc...), and (b) restore volumetric fog.
So you did make a complaint to the ASA?

clapping orson wells.gif

Got any correspondence aka proof?

Just curious.
Yes, but I'm not going to post that here while it's still ongoing, sorry. If the complaint is upheld, the results should become public anyway.

To be clear, no action or decision has been made yet. It's possible that the upcoming fix in Update 9 provides a satisfactory resolution anyway, and no further action needs to be taken (which would be great for everyone!).

Yes, but I'm not going to post that here while it's still ongoing, sorry. If the complaint is upheld, the results should become public anyway.

To be clear, no action or decision has been made yet. It's possible that the upcoming fix in Update 9 provides a satisfactory resolution anyway, and no further action needs to be taken (which would be great for everyone!).

I wait with eager anticipation for the outcome of your action.

o7 Commando

Back
Top Bottom